ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine bay 1.2 16v - pic heavy

1.2 16v
Hi guys, so I've very recently, last Friday at 3:32 to be exact, I got my very first car, a 1.2 16v Clio. And it is totally different to my dad's 1.5 DCi which I drove last year.. In terms of knowing where everything is in the engine bay! AND this one is tidy, lmao.

ejeqy5yq.jpg
duve5ube.jpg

Well I've noticed something odd. No dipstick? See pictures below.

a6aje9ar.jpg

Is this meant to be the dipstick? It looks as though the top has been snapped off? As well as that I can tug at it and it won't budge. I don't pull my hardest cos' well I don't know of that bit is actually meant to be pulled! Ha. Should I yank it and see what happens?

P.s could someone label this next picture where things are for me to check regularly? Such as oil reservoir (where I replace the oil into, I'm guessing the yellow cap?) etc... Yeah I passed my driving test 2 years ago so I should know this but, my first car after 2 years, excitement and my mind being practically a sponge just doesn't help :) lmao. Cheers guys

y2unabup.jpg

Megane dci 130
Looks like the end of the dipstick has broken off, just pull the bit that's left harder and it will come out.

Fluids, your screen wash is right in the top right of that picture (on the panel where the wipers are)

Oil filler is the yellow cap on top of the engine

Coolant is just below that in the engine bay,

brake fluid is behind the Oil filler cap