ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine change 1.4 to 1.6

2007 clio dynamique
Hi just wanting a bit of advice on this , i understand the 1.4 and 1.6 are similiar engine but im just wondering are the mounts the same ?, would it basically bolt straight in , and also would the ecu need to be changed to run the slightly bigger engine ? Thanks in advance

2007 clio dynamique
Lol yes i thought i would get that , my reasons are basically the car is quite new (07) i dont want to get rid for various reasons but i want abit more power , ive also never done anything like this before and i figured if its a simple conversion its a good place to start , eventually i am planning either a turbo conversion or 197/200 engine i no i could sell it and buy a sport but i like something different and enjoy working on cars

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Im probably wrong but didn't the mk3 1.6s only come as the gts?

Either way... It's a pointless upgrade, unless you've blown your 1.4 and have a 1.6 sat in your garage... Just go all out and fit the 2.0l :approve:

1.6 16v clio priv
I love my 1.6 compared to the 1,4 I've driven but if I were going to go to the effort and expense to swap I'd just go for a 2L engine. Although I've heard a turbo wont fit in the 2L engine bay and it will in the 1.6 and i love the thought of a clio turbo. You would have to ask someone whos had it done if its worth it though

2007 clio dynamique
My 1.4 also needs a cambelt change soon which is also why i was thinking about it , the 2l conversion looks far more complicated which is why i didnt want to attempt it just yet they look really crammed in , also looking on ebay i would be able to pick up an engine for around 150 - 200 which would give me 115 bhp so around a 17 bhp increase over the 1.4 which is cheaper than a remap , i no this is a pretty pointless conversion if i do it but atleast i could learn from it and say i did that lol

2007 clio dynamique
You can turbo an f4r... Although someone on here is selling a plug and play turbo for the k4m engine. His name is 'gotboost'

I actually looked into these kits, the power figures look impressive but the cost was quite high i think but its still an option , i think the figured were around 180 bhp but i just dont see how it could be reliable running nearly double its original power