ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Coolant warning light.

Clio sport 200
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and would like to ask for some advice from you guys! To start with I know very little about cars and all the workings under the bonnet etc...anyway I decided to buy a new car, went to the Renault dealership (just to have a look) and took a Clio RS200 out for a test drive the rest is history and now I have one sitting on my drive. It was registered in July 2014 and has had 1 previous owner, it has done approx. 6500 miles. Any way I've had the car a few days and noticed the engine coolant light come on. I checked the coolant and it was just below minimum so I bought a bottle of Type D coolant and topped it up. Today I drove the car and the light remained on when I started it, I drove for about 5 minutes then it went off.
My question is...should I be worried and contact the dealer to have this investigated or see how it goes for a couple of days and see if the light keeps turning on/off. Has anyone else had any similar problems? Any advice or input would be great! before I contact the dealer i'd like to know what i'm talking about! Thanks! Be happy!

Focus RS + S3
welcome to the forum, id use it for a few days and see how it goes, i dont know anything about 200's perhaps the light means low coolant level? if it comes back on, seeing as the car is so new, i wouldn't even bother lifting the bonnet again and take it to the dealership, if you are strapped for time to take it back and would rather sort it yourself, then i cant help you there lol

hope it gets sorted!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Coolant level shouldn't really drop, it's a sealed system, yes it will go up/down depending on temperature. If the level has dropped below minimum it's either leaked or entered the engine. Either way it's not good.

I'd be gettting it looked at by Renault, especially as it is still under warranty.