ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine man' light

BG 182 FF
car went into LIMP mode 2nite, grim! i remember seein some trick u can do by lightin up the lights on your dash, any know how to do it? i would search but i duno what to search for :S . help apreciated!

BG 182 FF
cheers! its come up with "t mean an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds" any ideas? could this be why limp mode was activated?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Joef said:
cheers! its come up with "t mean an injection fault has been detected for a minimum of 4 seconds" any ideas? could this be why limp mode was activated?

When its doin the test , press the reset button on the odometer . See if this gets rid of the " t " . It did with mine on my 172 , but it was running sweet anyway .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
On the 172/182's its the button you push in to reset the mileage , under the speedometer

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
could be alsort mate, usual things are, coils, throttle postion sensor, sensors like the lambda and the knock.
mine was stuck in limp, it turned out to be a short in the wiring loom, which was touching metal on my gearbox!
if its under warrenty, get it looked at ASAP, the thrashing my engine gave itself make me think thats what caused the failure of over 10 iginitions coils and at least a couple of engine mounts.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
p.s. i have a spare throttle body and pedal, if u need to try a working one, but see what renault say first!

BG 182 FF
cheers for your help! ill hav a proper look tomorow bin pretty busy today with college. haha yer i sin the reset buton :eek: question i needed to think about b4 askin, i was asumin it was somethin on the stalk

Chocolate Bar™
did no error lights come up on the dash then ?

i got the engine symbol when my potentiometer went on mine and put it into limp crap mode

BG 182 FF
when i do the diognostic test or jus in general? that coil thing comes on an goes into limp mode, only does it now and again like. im getin me dads mate to hav a scan for me. got a new air filter (k&n panel) aswel so if it is the t/b it wont get worse *fingers crossed*