ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHT FLASHING, POPS AND BANGS UNDER 10MPH?!

Hello all,
Got my car back from the bodyshop today, did approx 30 miles in it before going home, all fine. Just went to go out now and the engine management light starts flashing and the car sounds totally different (almost subaru like, which i know is ridiculous). The car also pops and bangs when i turn the car on and when driving slow. I've had a search and everything seems to point to the pre cat lambda sensor. Now as i'm running a decat and the lambda sensor for the cat is currently pushed up into the heat shield and the sensor whole blanked, can i try removing that sensor and putting it into the precat sensor hole? Someone said about the wire not being long enough but the sensors both have the same part number so i don't see how this can be...anyone got any thoughts as i'd really like to get the car running good again before tuesday and with all the garages closed now (typical) i will need to sort it myself! Any help appreciated. Thanks.

I was just having a look under the bonnet because someone said that if the engine bay has been cleaned that water could of got in the ignition system. However I popped off all of the ignition leads and they all feel dry, no moisture on the coil pack itself?