ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine management light

Clio
Recently had all my spark plugs and coil packs changed on my 1.6 16v and for over a month now the car has been running perfect. I have just been home in Doncaster for a week and driven back to west sussex just the other day. I was crossing the dartford bridge and the orange engine management light came back on steady, but wasnt flashing. The car seems to be running fine with no miss fire or anything but I have a funny feeling it might be an oxygen sensor. I rang a garage near me (mr clutch) and he said he was unable to do a free diagnostic check because the engine management light was on. So I was like well what do you have to do to get a free diagnosis? If no lights are on then you wouldnt go to a garage to get your car diagnosed right?

Anyway rant over, anyone else had this before? Am I right in thinking it could be an oxygen sensor or does anyone else have any other ideas?

Mikey

Clio
its been like 10 engine starts and stops and still no light off...

I wondered if it was when the engine was hot but even leaving it to go cold over night didnt solve it.

renault clio
i have the same problem.
mines aint been off in bout 3 months nw.
its nt really anything to worry about.
i had all my spark plugs and coilpacks an all changed, made me get my power bck, but the light stayed on.
hook it up on a computer and see if it brings up any faults.
i hooked it up and it went off and still passed mot.
seems to be a common problem wit clios.

on the computer said LPG active.. Any ideas what that is?
Cud b the problem..