ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine management problem

ur megane r26
hey guys have done a search and found a few answers but wanted a more specific answer to my problem, well basically when i drive my car hard which now is very little because it normally turns the engine management light and either the red emissions light or the engine coolant light and then the engine goes into limp home, cant rev over 3500 or do more than 45/50 mph. Also the other day I noticed that when i had my lights on and the indicator going my fog light on the panel infront of me was flashing on and off however the fogs wernt on. I really need to fix this soon as i am selling the car soon and i want it to go in the best possible condition available and obviously working properly.

I really would appreciate any help from anyone who knows anything about this.

Thanks a bunch

Alex

t3 corolla 116bhp
sounds like maybe you have a bad earth or somethin similar regarding the fog light thing.
as for the engine, i think ive read here a few times about what your experiencing and i think its something to do with the engine going into a "safe mode" and the ECU restricts the power output for some reason. some people have had bother with the lamda sensor causing this especially if the car is lowered

im sure there'll be more accurate answers to come from the RS owners as its more common than you'd expect

RS CLIO 197
fog light warning flashing with the indicators is a bad earth on the indicators probably on the rear mutiplug on the lamp cluster

as for the engine ecu - need to have it plugged in to have the fault codes checked to show the fault

ur megane r26
ok guys thanks i will check the rear light cluster thing but the only problem is that it isnt a permanent thing so if i take it to renault there is a chance i will waste 60 quid getting it plugged and they wont find anything and if you rattle the ecu box it generally sorts it out for a little time, is there anyways i can check the tdc sensor and the coilpacks and lambda sense and things?