ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine mods to improve sound

i am modifying my 93 mark 1 clio and i was wondering how i can improve the sound to make it sound a bit more beefy. i cannot fit an induction kit as it is not fuel injected, and a back box is out of the question for the time being. any suggestions of other mods that would improve the sound?

does a performance air filter improve sound much?

swap it for a V8 i know that dont help but other than exhust ya not going to change the sound or you could drill the air box

cant use a backbox and no induction kit... not much left. Why cant you change backbox? you can probably get yourself a second hand one for the price of a new air filter?

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 26 April 2003

in thatcase make ur exhaust out of cottonwool lol
LOL.....I have got a Scorpion back box and its as quiet as my original.! To make it really quiet i push it on long flat roads and freewheel down hills ;)

Mk4 golf gti

imho tryna make sound wivout exhaust or filter is a big noooooo dnt want it 2 sound like a nova parrrrrrrrp kinda sound do ya