ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mount Knackered? Video Inside

Clio 182 FF
Hi Guys,

I've been getting a knocking & rattling at idle and under slow speed deceleration (also when I load the engine at standstill) which I can really only hear inside the car. From the attached video would you say the top engine mount needs replacing?

If its the upper or lower gearbox mount is there any way of telling?

I have a recently put in power flex bushes in the dog bone mount so it shouldn't be that.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys,

I've been getting a knocking & rattling at idle and under slow speed deceleration (also when I load the engine at standstill) which I can really only hear inside the car. From the attached video would you say the top engine mount needs replacing?

If its the upper or lower gearbox mount is there any way of telling?

I have a recently put in power flex bushes in the dog bone mount so it shouldn't be that.

There is a bit of movement there. I changed my mounts the other week and there is practically very little movement.

Have you tried loosening the upper engine mount, moving it as far forward as possible and re-tightening?

If you change the mounts you can do it fairly cheaply -

eBay etc sell non-genuine upper engine mount for the Renault Kangoo (same part) for about £25
Renparts also sell a non-gen upper gearbox mount for £12.50

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
get the Kangoo top mount and fit that. WIll be fine.

Also fit a Poly dogbone mount (or genuine if u hate vibrations)

Clio 182 FF
Just bought a Kangoo mount for £25.25 off ebay and will get it fitted and see if it works.