ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine not well (with video)

Took the car a run today and noticed it a bit "chappy"

Took it around the block and on the bypass, sitting at 70-80mph steady heard a pop and bit of smoke from engine and now sounds as if it's running on 3?? Any clues to fault?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
crack in exhaust manifold? on the exhaust manifold behind the engine tap each of the 4 pipes with a screw driver or knuckle and see if one sounds different.

Shat a plug right enough

@NorthloopCup your money's safe :smile:

4B96BC70-4FB4-48EC-8231-E9CAF527A5B9_zpsf0rj0ej9.jpg

332713B1-BCEB-4EB4-BF2D-690130A50416_zpsyx51ljtl.jpg

CD0A61DA-8D02-4A93-AB68-DEEC0751B945_zpsqhmht0nk.jpg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I wish i put £20 on this now LOL

As soon as i seen this i knew. Remember and use a timesert and NOT a helicoil

Has it taken the threads? As you may well be able to just wind it back in. Was it cylinder 2/3 by any chance?

Edit, no, 4.

Cylinder 1 closest to oil cap.

I did try it back on a few threads and it was starting to take to it but it blew the plug out so would that increase it happening again if just put back in as the threads will be weak?

New HT leads and put a new plug in aswell and this is it starting

Seems fine until I let it warm up at little.. Maybe I'm just being cautious but is that not a bit " chappy " it reminds me of the old fiestas needing it's tappets done 😂