ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine smoking

Mk2 Ph2
long story short,

was driving and my engine and stop light came on and temperature gauge was at the high mark then the engine started to smoke coming out the bonnet, pulled aside the road and like a green fluid ( may be wrong in colour) was a puddle of it round the car, was also hissing, am i right in thinking this is the radiator? correct me if im wrong
if anyone knows what it is can you suggest a price to get it fixed and how long it will take
cheers

Mk2 Ph2
right i know more info, just went down to where the car was and put coolant in it, and when i was doin this the coolants bottle just emtied itself again under the car was leaking alot any idea on wat this is and prices etc?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Gonna throw it out there and say you have a coolant leak! Find it then you'll know what to fix, could be anything at any price so no point any of us guessing

S'trollin on size 7s
could be anything ,popped radiator, burst pipe or just if your lucky might be one thats just opped off. but if its coming out straight away as said ,surely you should be able to tell where its coming from ,and if it is a case of its emptying straight away as soon as you put it in and you cant find where..DONT DRIVE IT ANYWHERE.lol

Mk2 Ph2
its in the garage now need a new radiatior lol couldnt give me a price or that cos they where closing and a had to rush down from work, lukily the garage is 2 mins away lol but will let me know tommorrow how much it will cost etc, cheers for your cs help :D

monaco 172
Ok, probably looking at around 160. I got my radiator for 120 from gsf and took just over an hour to fit myself and I'm useless.

I'm sure garages get parts cheaper.