ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine sometimes decides not to start??

I have been having issues with the clio not wanting to start. Sometimes its ok but its getting more and more often now that it just wants to crank. Thought it was just gonna be a battery in key issue but seems to be still happening. Any ideas?? cheers

just cranks and doesnt start intermittantly im thinking tdc sensor + loom as connections between the 2 are rubbish. New kits have blue connectors and the old ones are black easy way to tell if they are the modified parts. Suggest buy from a Renault dealer then you know you are getting best bits. If you want wait till happens again unplug and plug back in and if this is the fault should start fingers crossed.

is this the sensor on top of gear box or??........ starting to get annoying.......can normally tel if gonna do it as the remote locking beeps few times or alarm goes off on opening

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
is this the sensor on top of gear box or??........ starting to get annoying.......can normally tel if gonna do it as the remote locking beeps few times or alarm goes off on opening

Alarm goes off... Do you have an aftermarket setup fitted? In that case I would have a health check diagnostics session because i've never known a faulty crank position sensor cause a sport to beep. It could be a totally seperate issue but a genuine Renault "updated" sensor and new loom section (Which you need as the plugs are slightly different) will set you back around £65-70 which whilst not being massive money its not something i'd like to gamble on. The 'beeping' sounds more likely to be related to either an aftermarket alarm issue or the UCH to me though!