ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Epas positive cable route to battery ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Is there a route to the batrery from steering column without have do drill a new access hole ?

Can’t remember what it’s for on the standard car, but somewhere in the passenger footwell, up high towards the base of the windscreen and outboard there’s an open grommet that is traditionally used for aftermarket amps.

However, battery in boot, bulkhead adapter, or walking everywhere are all things I’d rather do than try and squeeze a decent gauge cable through that grommet.

There’s a big hole in the bulkhead behind the wiper stalk for the AC inlet. I think that’s got a big grommet on it for AC and the dealer-fit alarm wiring too that might be useable?

edit: bonnet release cable grommet. But you will 100% regret your decision to not drill a hole.

Last edited:

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Can’t remember what it’s for on the standard car, but somewhere in the passenger footwell, up high towards the base of the windscreen and outboard there’s an open grommet that is traditionally used for aftermarket amps.

However, battery in boot, bulkhead adapter, or walking everywhere are all things I’d rather do than try and squeeze a decent gauge cable through that grommet.

There’s a big hole in the bulkhead behind the wiper stalk for the AC inlet. I think that’s got a big grommet on it for AC and the dealer-fit alarm wiring too that might be useable?

edit: bonnet release cable grommet. But you will 100% regret your decision to not drill a hole.
Car was in garage and i was trying to look, my wrist is in a cast so not so mobile, im going to get a mate to crimp them.