ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP good or bad?

clio 172 mk2
hey guys and gals i was now wondering this over some runs i did with both the esp on and off i find that its a helpful thing but also a bothersome (excuse the oxymoron) i would presume that it is better to have it off for quick starts and launches as well as track or is it just my mental disposition, cause i swear at the last autocross i did that the esp slowed me down rather than net me a faster time...
whats ur opinions on it better to drive with the s**t on or off and justification..i know it supposed to help and be a safety feature but i cant let it justify slowing down the car lol
whats the inputs
kyle

ClioIII 138 S
It definetly slows me down when it kicks in, but can see it will be needed in wet/icey conditions. Also has its uses cos as a standard car it goes round corners like jelly on wheels compared to my old clio. Wil defo be lowering it. Turn it off in dry i think, on in wet etc.

My 172 doesn't have it so i wouldn't know the difference. My old 182 did have it and it is one of the better traction control systems around. Still restrictive but better than the one Citroen offer.

clio 172 mk2
well i guess its situational then i gonna give it a launch today with it off completely on the roads i have a good twisty on some of our back roads i'll see how much difference it makes to our real roads versus our good paved track roads for autocrossing but i have had it kick in on wet roads to help and its a decent little addition but wanna see how raw the car can get without it on on the public roads

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I think some people are getting a little confused about ESP and traction control , they are 2 different things .