ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ESP in a MK3 dci? possible?

Ged

PD130 Peach
Hi there, wondering if its possible to just buy the pannel with the esp button already in, connect some tucked up wire and the esp may work?

was just reading the thread about the cruise controll in a non equipped clio..

Or do i need an ESP abs unit controler...thingy... (technical term)

just would be nice to have esp as wet roads + budget tyres = RISK

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
if u need esp in a diesel clio you need your head checked, ive yet to ever have mine wheelspin even off the line going for a gap on a wet roundabout thanks to all that weight over the front wheels lol.

and no its not just as easy as connecting the pannel.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
the abs unit is differnt iirc, mrs modus dci 86 has esp, had it on loads in the rain last night, f1 style around rounabouts, back end loves to swing out in the modus. Gay looking car but so much fun.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
what chassis is the modus bassed on? i cannot get the back end out on my dci at all, i can get the 172 proper sideways where im steering looking out the passengers window but the dci is bloddy planted!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
underside looks identical to a clio 3, its slightly shorter than a clio 2 but slightly wider than both. Michelin tyres up front and nankangs on the back, thats why its a bit slippery in the wet.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
They do a 106 in the modus buts its quite rare, even has the 6 speed box. Mrs doesnt like it know more and wants a clio dci again but 5 door. Tuff poo i say. she tells me this once ive serviced it, coolant/brake fluid change, aux belt kit, 4 tyres, parking sensors, and a new instrument panel as the sat nav died. Didnt cost me anything though apart from the panel.

Ged

PD130 Peach
if u need esp in a diesel clio you need your head checked, ive yet to ever have mine wheelspin even off the line going for a gap on a wet roundabout thanks to all that weight over the front wheels lol.

and no its not just as easy as connecting the pannel.

mine spins in 1st and 2nd in the wet without bieng violent! haha.

often from traffic lights cant controll the wheelspin :p and also, i just wanted the stability, as i like to drive vigerously and wouldent mind the electronic saftey net :)

Ged

PD130 Peach
and also, i agree on the planted, but same kind of problem, budgets on the front, michilens on the back. back end will not come out unless its in the dry, in the wet no matter how much i Scandinavian flick it, it just understeeeerrsss....

BMW M4; S1000 RR
mine spins in 1st and 2nd in the wet without bieng violent! haha.

often from traffic lights cant controll the wheelspin :p and also, i just wanted the stability, as i like to drive vigerously and wouldent mind the electronic saftey net :)

Then your tyres must be HORRIFIC.

Seriously, if you're worried about safety in a car whilst in wet conditions and admit to driving 'vigerously' perhaps you should avoid 'budget tyres' rather than looking for electronic safety nets, which frankly I doubt you're able to retrofit.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i think you girls need some driving lessons, i can launch the dci off a wet roundabout no problem without the tinyest bit of wheelspin, and my current front michelins are nearly slicks ;)