ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Essex BBQ Sat 14th Aug - Halstead

Clio 182
Hi guys and gals ...

Just putting the feelers out really ... at the weekend I finally persuaded my housemate to let me have a CS bbq at our house if there would be any takers?

I'm thinking maybe bbq and games in the afternoon from say 3ish and then if anyone would like to bring a tent there's plenty of room for camping if you would like to do so.

I will supply some food / drink but obviously any extra would be great if you want to bring some. All I ask is that it doesn't get too out of control or I'll never be allowed to have any more in the future!

What do you all think?

Ems x

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
good idea would love to come to this, i'll know closer to the time i might be at Mallory Park that weekend.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ill bring some lasers we can have a rave ;)

sadly ill be in cornwall so cant come

Clio 182
first aid fit and a sleeping bag should be enough.

Erm what exactly are you planning to do with the first aid kit!! I wasn't planning on there being any incidents in my garden ... But with you lot I guess I've gotta expect the unexpected!

Clio 182
I rekon i could be on for this.. Whats the parking like round your way?

Erm parking isn't great tbh right outside the house, although there is a big layby about 500mtrs away you could prob all get in, it isn't that busy round here. Failing hat there's a massive carpark just round the corner which is free after 6pm.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I reckon I can make this, will stick on the calendar now to avoid any clashes.

BMW 320d M-Sport
No can do :dapprove: In Southampton supporting the mighty Essex in Twenty20 cricket final! So I'm sort of representing the Essex lot! My attendance recently has been crap!

Clio 182
You're all rubbish, lol!

Well I will start a list and see where we are towards the end of the week.

1. Emily
2. Mel (Emily's house mate)
3. Clio dci 80
4. Elliot (maybe)
5. Matty_N
6. Pettsi
7. Brian

+ any other waifs and strays I can find between now and then!

1 Series Coupe
No can do :dapprove: In Southampton supporting the mighty Essex in Twenty20 cricket final! So I'm sort of representing the Essex lot! My attendance recently has been crap!

I was going to go to this but when i phone the County Ground they said they had 50 left and more than that in the bloody queue!

Enjoy!!

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
I was going to go to this but when i phone the County Ground they said they had 50 left and more than that in the bloody queue!

Enjoy!!

Oh i'm devastated that i'm unable to go the game. Love my cricket and reckon we have a good chance of winning the comp.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
You're all rubbish, lol!

Well I will start a list and see where we are towards the end of the week.

1. Emily
3. Clio dci 80
4. Elliot (maybe)
5. Matty_N
6. Pettsi
7. Brian

+ any other waifs and strays I can find between now and then!

I've always believed it's quality, not quantity :approve:

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
will confirm either way tomorrow...

anyone going for the tent/camping option? messy night (whilst complying to the rules and regs of Ems) of drinking anyone?

BMW M Lite
I'm camping. Its not a real BBQ without a few bevvies is it?!?

I bet Emilys byelaws are incredibly strict though!

BMW M Lite
1. Emily
3. Clio dci 80
4. Elliot (maybe)
5. Matty_N
6. Pettsi
7. Brian
8. Hugo

I spoke to the Holy One Jesus at the weekend and he assures me of his attendance.

Clio 182
will confirm either way tomorrow...

anyone going for the tent/camping option? messy night (whilst complying to the rules and regs of Ems) of drinking anyone?

Elliot I will prob have a few mates camping aswell so don't be shy, bring your tent! It will be fun! And I am definately drinking so the more the merrier :approve:

Clio 182
... oh and I forgot to say ... any takers for being in charge of the bbq?! Because if it's me you may all have to sign a disclaimer!

Ferrari F430 Spider, 182
I feel like i'm missing out on a proper good orgy. I'm most disapointed :dapprove: l

Clio 182
You've got a lot of making up to do Adz! I feel deeply hurt you are not attending ... O well more drinks for me whoopieeee!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
ok, i can make it. i'm already feeling the sunday hangover....

can we have the details of where we need to be going as well.

1. Emily
3. Clio dci 80
4. Elliot
5. Matty_N
6. Pettsi
7. Brian
8. Hugo

Clio 182
... can we have the details of where we need to be going as well.

Yep yep ... I was waiting to see if there are any more takers before I sent out the details but like Brian said 'it's quality not quantity'. Will PM you details this afternoon.

I will get some bacon in for the morning so you feel a bit less shakey when you all leave, lol.

R26r R26
I won't be able to make this as I am doing my own barbie that day. I'm sure it won't be as "interesting" as yours ;)

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
showers on and off all day, could be time to make use of the CS tent i.e. the one used at FCS ;)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I have the cs tent etc in my garage atm but Tom is scheduled to collect it all from me saturday morning, bad timing tbh!

Clio 182
Likle I say if it rains then it's Twister in the lounge! I have a lil gazebo up with table and chaiirs so a few showers won't hurt. Tbh after a few ciders I probably won't care about the rain anyway!

Clio 182
I was tempted to pop down, say hi, get to know a few people etc, but i'm busy this weekend :boring: Shame really, as I'm a bit of a legend on the old bbq!

I'm working over Saffron Walden way (little bit of a trek) and often see a Yellow 200 (I think) - any of you guys/gals?

Anyway, maybe another time!