ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

EVAP canister valve resistance value?

TVR Cerbera
Anyone know or can find out the EVAP canister valve resistance value, please. I've removed mine (OMEX ECU), however i need the resistance value of the valve to fool the renault ecu into thinking it's still fitted.

Thanks

TVR Cerbera
does it cause problems bud? just fitting omex at the mo, and dnt want to encounter any problems

No it doesn't cause problems. I'm replacing all the items i've isconnected / removed with resistors so the oem ecu wil think it's working fine, and make my MPG readout work again. just little things to make it perfect

Daz

If your just fitting your omex ,any chance you could just put a multimeter across the valve and get me a resistance reading, please

TVR Cerbera
is it the thing on the passanger side front of the car? if so ill do it for you tomorow as its still in place

no that's the acustic valve, but i'll have a reading for that too. the evap is in the driverside wing behind and under the headlight. the wires go in the top with the return to the tank and inlet manifold pipes. ( it dumps the fuel vapour from the tank into the inlet manifold under certain conditions for emmission purposes)

Cheers that would be good if you could. If you have any issues with your omex, let me know, i wired my own in too.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
ahh i know the bit you mean, ill do that.

on that offer tho i do have a few issues, ive got a pre made loom (omex/gdi) one i think, it has a wire for vtec a wire for idle motor and one that comes off the tdc sensor (to join the originals i think) ive got jenveys on so do i not conect the idle motor and vtec one? and what colours wires go to what on the tdc one. would be great if you had any of these answers lol

TVR Cerbera
ahh i know the bit you mean, ill do that.

on that offer tho i do have a few issues, ive got a pre made loom (omex/gdi) one i think, it has a wire for vtec a wire for idle motor and one that comes off the tdc sensor (to join the originals i think) ive got jenveys on so do i not conect the idle motor and vtec one? and what colours wires go to what on the tdc one. would be great if you had any of these answers lol

you don't need the idle motor one, iirc my loom did't even have it!
the vtec one you need to connect to the omex, but disconnect from the oe ecu
the tdc is not really fussy which way it's connected, however if you want the rev counter to still work you need to keep the oe ecu connected too, and that can be fussy. i'll get you the wire colours tomorrow night, when i go back out to the garage. i had a few issues with both ecu's running off the renault tdc sensor, i believe gdi were making an adaptor for a ford item which is better, but my car was one of the few that gave gdi a bit of a headache with the tdc sensor!
Basically you want the omex controlling the engine with no oe ecu connected to it (control side) and both ecus taking the sensors (except lambda)

hope that helps a bit. let me know if you have any more questions

Daz

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
ahh s**t, ive got a pants memory lol, u need to keep reminding me, been off work 2 days so havent got my multimeter, will try and sort somthing bud, sorry

PH1 172 Sport
I'll get the resistance of it as long as you send me a link to the resistor that you use as I can't be asked to find one myself :)

TVR Cerbera
Would this be why my mpg readout doesnt display the miles left anymore?

I binned my canister ages ago

Nope, cos mine does. just very inacurate! but i'm running an omex so i'm 'tweaking' the resistors to get a nearly correct mpg reading