ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo 4 RS Tidyup

PH1 172
Friend of mine recently bought this freshly imported evo as his daily driver. The car is immaculate and had clearly been looked after well by its owners in Japan - no parking dent/dings were evident at all.
Upon inspection of the paint i noticed it was very dull, and that the whole car seemed to be covered in an almost layer of 'black dust'. This didnt want tojust wipe off but SRP on a small test section suggested it may come off with a run round on the Kestral. So it was booked in for a machine tidyup/quick detail.
Car sat at mine for a while due to a hand injury but the day i started it looked this -
resize18.gif

resize17.gif

resize16.gif

which looked great until you looked closer and saw the entire car was covered in tar from top to bottom -
resize15.gif

First job was a snow foam and wash using the 2 bucket method -
resize14.gif

resize13.gif

The car was clayed using Polyclay and detared using tardis - this alone took nearly 2 hours to do perfectly!
No exciting pics unfortunately!
The car was covered in swirls and marks which was leading to the flat looking paintwork
resize7.gif

resize9.gif

The car was masked up ready for machining -
resize11.gif

A combo of a Megs Red pad and Menz 3.02 left the following results which I was more than happy with for a part correction, and proved my thoughts right as the car was covered in like a black scum which was evident in any 50/50s
resize4.gif

resize5.gif

resize6.gif

As time was not on my side i had to push on. Car was finished with Menz 85 on a blue 3M pad and sealed with AutoBalm and a layer of Supernatural
After pics -
resize2.gif

resize3.gif

resize1.gif

Thanks
Ross

Looks awesome buddy. Are you sure its an RS? I thought they had black wing mirrors. Nothing to say they havent been painted I suppose!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Nice one that mate... Can you PM me what you would charge for a part and full correction so i can get an idea of how my prices are :eek:

Looks 100 times better