ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Triangle and North Wales Snowdonia run.

Hi guys, I am going to do a run over to the Evo triangle and incorporate Snowdonia and North Wales at the same time. Some really good roads and should be a good day out.

I will be going, either on my own :eek: or if anyone fancies a good run out, they are more than welcome to join me :)

Going to try do a week day, either the 27th or 29th April to avoid weekend drivers.

Oh and an earlyish start ;)

The provisional route is below:

Matt

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...=53.171473,-3.067932&spn=0.79189,3.504639&z=9

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
29th is a bank holiday due to the royal wedding but I have the 26th 27th and 28th of between the 2 bank holidays so might join u from Chester onwards

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It is, it's the best road i've come accross in wales/the peaks, well that i'm willing to post in public lol, i used to go to wales/peaks very often.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye Suppose so :) well whichever day u choose let us know im 90% guaranteed to be doin nothin lol the Chester lot was talkin about goin around then as well

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe from me.

Expensive month coming up what with me going to the ring that pay day. It'll probably only be half a tank like whitby though.

join the northwest doing it next weekend!

Really want to do the run when I have my coil overs on and set up, shock are fucked at the min so wouldn't be much fun lol

Ye Suppose so :) well whichever day u choose let us know im 90% guaranteed to be doin nothin lol the Chester lot was talkin about goin around then as well

Yeah keep an eye on this thread mate, I'm defo going so your more than welcome.

Maybe from me.

Expensive month coming up what with me going to the ring that pay day. It'll probably only be half a tank like whitby though.

Yeah I'm going on holiday for a week that payday too Mike but like you say, £30 of v power should do it, maybe lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The problem with doing it with the NW (I was considering it) is there would be so many people it'd be a convoy rather than a proper blast.

When the yorkshire folk do it, its a proper drive, since there's only a few cars. I like to think of last years halifax - huddersfield drive as a good example of this ;)

The problem with doing it with the NW (I was considering it) is there would be so many people it'd be a convoy rather than a proper blast.

When the yorkshire folk do it, its a proper drive, since there's only a few cars. I like to think of last years halifax - huddersfield drive as a good example of this ;)

Couldn't agree more mate, Yorkshire lot love a proper drive, not Trafford centre convoys ;) lol

You know your urging to join me, some epic mountain roads...

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I wanna come aswell but am on afternoons,mmmm if you are deffo on a date i`m throwing a sickie...i`m well overdue one.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just noticed the days, 27th would be good if people are up for it!

I'm off all that week anyway :cool:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'll probably still be paying for the damaged caused on last weeks attempt of Evo Triangle:(.

You will also need a full tank... It was 140 miles one way to Coed y Brenin (Dolgellau) which was as far as mine managed...

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Was just gently pulling out of the MTB center to go and do Evo and lost all drive. Just a nasty sounding grinding noise.
It's at Cleckheaton gearbox center at the min and still waiting to find out what the full damage is but probs will need a gearbox refurb. Might as well do the clutch at the same time too.

LY R26 #288
i'm tempted by this, but its a 4 hour drive from me, unless i come up the day before and stay in a travel lodge. Are the roads up there worth it? :p

Was just gently pulling out of the MTB center to go and do Evo and lost all drive. Just a nasty sounding grinding noise.
It's at Cleckheaton gearbox center at the min and still waiting to find out what the full damage is but probs will need a gearbox refurb. Might as well do the clutch at the same time too.

Gutted mate, how much is a gearbox re-build and clutch going to be? Not cheap I bet....

i'm tempted by this, but its a 4 hour drive from me, unless i come up the day before and stay in a travel lodge. Are the roads up there worth it? :p

Evo Triangle is meant to be awesome as I have heard/seen on websites. North Wales has some really good roads too. Not sure if its worth the long drive for you though mate? That would be dedication on your part. Good road trip though ;)

LY R26 #288
i want to find some epic roads lol, the roads around here just aren't cutting it, i've done them so many times, i keep reading about this evo triangle and i wanna give it a shot, also wanna get to the lakes sometime. Might look into hotel prices. How early was you thinking of starting?

i want to find some epic roads lol, the roads around here just aren't cutting it, i've done them so many times, i keep reading about this evo triangle and i wanna give it a shot, also wanna get to the lakes sometime. Might look into hotel prices. How early was you thinking of starting?

Earlier the better on them roads

Probably setting off from my house about half 6 (which is about 2 hours away I think)

Should be fairly quiet on the days I have proposed...

Really looking forward to it now.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye getting there around half 8ish would be good

If u could let us know what time u would be gettin to Chester area as I would join up with u there

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yeah thats fine mate, we could have a designated meeting point in Chester or close to there for all the non Yorkshire members to meet up...

Ye that would be good even if it's just me I will just wait along the road ur goin down for u to come past and tag along lol

None
Looks a really good run out Matt, doubt i'll be able to come due to just about everything being up in the air at the moment but there is still time for me to change my mind :).....i'll keep checking out the thread.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Going down to Tour De Force on the 26th though so cant do that day, getting some camber bolts and rear arb fitted :)