ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Triangle and North Wales Snowdonia run.

Iceberg 172
Wouldn't mind doing this with some Clios but I think I'm working that day :( Went two weeks ago with a mate in an Evo and saw a whole posse of Mini Coopers doing a run.

Only comment I have on the route is that you're sticking to some pretty bland A roads and missing some crackers out. The A5 & A494 aren't much fun and will be busy. Make sure you turn off the A4212 after Llyn Celyn and do the B4391 towards Ffestiniog - quite possibly the best bit of road in the region. As is the other section of it SE of Bala down to Llangynog as someone else mentioned.

Some of the single track valley roads are worth seeing too, not for the driving as such but for the breathtaking views. Hirnant Pass from Bala over to Lake Vyrnwy for example or over the B4407 that evo magazine also use.

Iceberg 172
Ponderosa bikers cafe on the Horseshoe Pass north of Llangollen is a good meeting point when coming from our neck of the woods. Large parking area and a proper breakfast!

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Weekdays are farbetter for this run. I did a recce for the run last saturday on the previous wednesday on my own and the roads were a lot quieter. I'll be going up to Northumberland this coming weekend so will be taking the A686 over Hartside from Penrith to Hexham again but not in the Clio unfortunately. Taking the wife's Astra 1.6 automatic. I've been across there in a Transit van before now and my Nissan Primastar. Great fun! You can see over the hedges in them so it makes overtaking a lot easier!

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Have booked off the 29th from work,clashes with the wifes birthday but she`ll be watching the wedding.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Was wondering if this is weather dependant?......,can you confirm this matthew:D,thanks.And if anyone is coming over from walsall way i`m doing the m6...m54...a5..then a452...look out for a oddyssey ph 1.

***** Final Details ******

Meeting point for Yorkshire lot:

8am meet at Turnpike Inn, Ripponden just off the M62 at Junction 22. Postcode for sat nav users: HX6 4RH

We will be leaving at 8:30am with a view to meeting the Chester/North West lot at 10am, then onwards to Wales

route2c.jpg

Please add your name if you are a defiante, so I arn't waiting around for ages for no-one to show up ;) lol

1. Matthew

182 cup
Just to let you you know, the meeting place with the Chester bunch has been changed to the sainsburys which is off the same round about that the garden centre is on. Check the North West thread for details

Mike