ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exalto pe2's zr v vr

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I had 2 tires fitted to the front today but they c*ck'd up the order. I have one of each. Apart from being more expensive and a higher speed rating is there actually any difference between the 2 tires.

L'arctic Bleu Clio 182FF
where did you get it done mate? and how much?
Sorry, don't know answer to your question though....

182 Cup
I had 2 tires fitted to the front today but they c*ck'd up the order. I have one of each. Apart from being more expensive and a higher speed rating is there actually any difference between the 2 tires.

Hope this helps from Michelin:

Michelin do, indeed, produce 3 products in the basic tyre size & tread pattern mentioned:

205/45 R 16 83V ‘New Pilot Exalto (PE2)’ (V=Max speed 149mph)
205/45 ZR 16 83W ‘New Pilot Exalto (PE2)’ (W=Max speed 168mph)
205/45 ZR 16 87W ‘New Pilot Exalto (PE2)’ Extra Load (High load @ high pressure)

The ‘V’ Speed Rated product is the preferred fitment for the quoted vehicle model.
Initially, 2 products were available, but this situation was ‘honed’ down to the one product, listed above, ‘tuned’ to that specific suspension setup & fitted as original equipment.

The other 2 products listed are ‘tuned’ to different manufacturers’ vehicle models. The ‘83W’ product would be an option, only in case of difficulty with supply/availability of the ‘83V’.

The ‘87W Extra Load’ product would not be considered valid for the quoted model, being designed for a potentially heavier vehicle: higher load capacity at increased tyre inflation pressure value.

Thank your for your interest in Michelin.

Yours sincerely
Michelin Tyre Public Limited Company

Technical Support
Michelin Tyre Public Limited Company
Campbell Road
Stoke-on-Trent
ST4 4EY

Telephone: 0845 366 1535
Facsimile: +44 (0) 1782 403258