ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Excessive idle speed

turbo 182
Went for a drive in car abs, tc and serv light came on so I turned the engine off and back on again whilst still moving at a slow speed of 20mph
next thing the car is revving hard and driving its self so I pulled over and put it in neutral and its holding a constant 2500rpm
if I blip the throttle it revs higher but then just drops back to 2500
I've discounted the battery and still same problem, plugged my rs tuner on and it says throttle postion sensor but in its memory but not present, cleared all codes and started car up again and still same problem
can any one suggest anything else?

clio 172
Re: Essesive idle speed

Air leak somewhere on the inlet ide say . Start her up and have a listern around the top of your engine. Check all pipes coming off for splits etc

turbo 182
Re: Essesive idle speed

Took the car for a slow drive and all back to normal now must have sorted its self out, yeah there is a fault on the rs tuner but I don't have the abs module to see what it is, I was thinking abs sensors or brake pedal sensor?