ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust at 2k

Fabia VRS
Hey
Just a quick question really. At exactly 2000 revs in any gear when cruising the exhaust sounds quite bellowy. Go slightly over or under and it goes away. I no what ur goena say dont drive at 2k revs. lol:rolleyes:. Just wondering if anyone elses does this as its going into renault on monday.
Cheers:D

PH1 172 Sport
Mine did the same with a standard exhaust and its 10 times worse with a stainless system

Black 197
Yep mine does it at 3k.. Had mine middle silencer taken off though so prob the reason why lol

clio sport ph1 172
mines a stainless cat back and its fine through out the rev range, maybe just a tired exhaust system????

BMW M135i
Its just a point where it resonates and you'll never get away from it just an engine charateristic. 2700-3000rpm in the meggy is a killer on the motorway which is lucky 70 is 2500.

I wouldn't bother taking it to renault before they charge you £80 or whatever a diag fee is now just to look at it and say nothings wrong.

Fabia VRS
Sorry to sound stupid but what does 'resonates' mean? lol. Its going in for a service on monday so i was just gona ask but if it something thats just normal then thats all good. cheers:)