ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust gas warning light flashing

182BG
According to the manual its the Exhaust Gas Monitor warning light

it keeps flashing, and its making the car kangaroo all down the road, the light goes out when i pretty much stop or try to accelerate hard.
Does anyone know what this is, is it a sensor of some sort.

Will take my car to renault tomorrow as its still under warranty but just wanna make sure is it safe to drive it? :)

Lee.

Should be fine could be a number of things sounds most like the coil packs died Renault should be able to daignose and sort it they have coil packs in stock as there a common problem.

Take it to Renault and ask them to sort it.

It might get worst on the way there not much you cna do unless you ask for it to be towed.

Golf R soon...
I had this when I first got my car!

Renault had it for a week :mad: .

Had the lamda and oxygen sensors replaced as well as some dodgy cables in the electrical sump/lump (whatever)

All sorted now and aint had a problem since!

Golf R soon...
I had my car literally a week when this happened.

Took Renault 1 week to sort it and I didn't even get a courtesy car, even after repeated phone calls asking them :(

I had my car literally a week when this happened.

Took Renault 1 week to sort it and I didn't even get a courtesy car, even after repeated phone calls asking them :(

Under the terms of the warently you can demand one if they are going to take more than 24 hours to fix.

Even if they have to hire one from AVIS etc.

Have a look in your warently manual.

182BG
Took my car in today, you'll never believe what the problem was!!!

the engine was flooded with water, the nobbins who i bought it from has jetwashed the engine. Oh well all fixed and running lovely again :)