ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust manifold 4-2-1 on a 172

Right, so I have taken the plunge I bought myself a 4-2-1 manifold and a decat pipe, which hopefully will fit onto my current system (uses a pipe like the Ktec link for the decat).

I however probably should have read the fitting instructions first as I didn't realise you needed to drop the subframe to gain access to remove the manifold and replace with the new one!

I know there is a guide on here but It looks quite hard to follow, So I have 2 questions, is it really that hard? most I have ever really done is remove the intake and change the spark plugs and do oil changes and change wheels.

2nd question, if it is hard is there anyone in the East Yorkshire area that can do it for me?

after a bit of a read I am worried it might not fit too

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
And now for the good news... After all that effort you will notice nothing!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
*maybe* with a remap you will.see.a gain of 5-8hp but how much of that is down to the remap vs the gas flow is negligible.

You deffo won't notice it though other than when the EML is on due to the H02 efficiency check failing and at MOT time when you need a dodgy test.

it already has the ron98 map on it, hmm, maybe I should resell and just look for a decent cat back for the 172? I bought the manifold and decat on the hope of better airflow and a few pops hmm

Does it look like this:
image.jpg
Or this:
image.jpg

They're shite.

Welds crack, runners crack, flanges aren't flat, the link pipe puts the exhaust against the body, or on the floor. The manifold itself hits the subframe.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Welds crack, runners crack, flanges aren't flat, the link pipe puts the exhaust against the body, or on the floor. The manifold itself hits the subframe.

Sounds awesome. Where can i get one? :p

330i. E30 Touring.
Yep, pointless mod unless you've got the engine out or the subframe down, and then stick with genuine 182.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yep, pointless mod unless you've got the engine out or the subframe down, and then stick with genuine 182.

Agreed the gains arent enough to justify the effort, but if you have the head off to change valves or engine out or subframe down to do the rack etc, then it makes sense then, but use a genuine one so it doesnt crack or you potentially end up quickly having to redo the job.

PH2 172
They're s**te.

Quite good apart from that then?Thanks,I was thinking about buying the 2.5inch version.
I1m suprised Toyo tyres havent forced them to change there name!

They're shite.

I have received this today, everything looks okay with it, the manifolds is a 2.5 Inch pipe and the decat end is 2.25, does this sound about right, on the box it says japspeed 172/182 Manifold and decat though

206gti/Clio RS Sport
I have received this today, everything looks okay with it, the manifolds is a 2.5 Inch pipe and the decat end is 2.25, does this sound about right, on the box it says japspeed 172/182 Manifold and decat though

Did you ever try to have the manifold installed?

Jeez... I was seriously looking at these. Thanks for the warning everyone!