ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Options

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Hi All,

Appreciate this is a common topic and I have read the other threads regarding this but I am struggling to find opinions an the available exhausts for a 182.
I need the exhaust to be very quiet and I want to keep the cat.
So far I have narrowed it down to:

- BTM 182
- RS192
- KTR / Janspeed 182 Sports Stainless Steel Exhaust (Sports/Silenced)
- KTR Clio B Rs 182 Centre Line (Sport/Silenced)

I am looking for people who have these exhaust, how easy were they to align correctly? How loud are they? Any issues?

Thank you,

Carl

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I have the Janspeed sports system, fairly quiet with a cat in, crazy loud without one. I would imagine with a cat in and the mid box it would be very subtle

I have the rs192 with the cat in and centre silencer its not oe quiet but its ok.
The Ktec centre line sport is the only other exhaust I would consider due to tail pipe size, anything over 3" is TACKY.
I would of bought the centre line if it had of been made at the time also benefits from rear exhaust mounts so that will save buying 2 from Renault.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
does anybody know someone who has the KTR Clio B Rs 182 Centre Line (Sport/Silenced) fitted?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
piper is a very good system nice and quiet with the cat in place, really throaty when given it some

I have a Piper on mine which was already fitted to the car when I got it. Hated it when I first got it but it's grown on me since. Sounds awesome in an underground car park!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
I have a Piper on mine which was already fitted to the car when I got it. Hated it when I first got it but it's grown on me since. Sounds awesome in an underground car park!

Its funny you say that, the car currently has a piper fitted but the weld has cracked on right hand side bracket.

It sounds ok and I am thinking about getting it repaired if possible.

turbo 182
Its funny you say that, the car currently has a piper fitted but the weld has cracked on right hand side bracket.

Contact piper see if they will do it under warranty

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

If it was me, I'd try get it repaired but depends if you fancy a change. Does yours sound really raspy over around 3k revs?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
"Hello,

Thank you for your email.

We do offer a warranty on our exhausts, but this is only covered in the original purchaser of the exhaust. If you would like we can look into repairing the exhaust, there will be a cost for this and we will need the exhaust sent in to us for us to quote on.

Kind Regards

Tom Edmunds

Piper Cams and Exhausts"

If you're willing to travel, you could go to Pro Speed in Cardiff? He'll cut back into your cat as well and enlarge it to 2.5".
Tell Charlie exactly what you want, sod off to Cardiff in the courtesy car for the day and go bwaaaa later on.