ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust problem!!!

hey up everyone..i got a magnex exhaust from a 172 for my cup a couple of months back and since it has been fitted if you have any passengers of weight in the boot (macdonalds) then there is a cathing noise that vibrates through the car especially when you go over bumpy roads...i took back to the garage and they said everything is fitted ok and there is nothing they could do..but its starting to really tick me off now..the exahust note is great so dont really want to get rid...any advise anyone? could it be cos the fitting brackets are different between the two cars as i have heard this in the past...help me giants of knowledge!!!!

Nothing different about the brackets, it will be banging on the rear bumper or as Al said the rear beam. What sort of clearance from the rear bumper do you have?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

never had any problems with mine after i spent a bit of time adjusting it. what type of exhaust clamp have they used? the magnex supplied one is quite thin so it doesnt hit the rear axle.

cheers guys..i am not too sure but i think they used what i got with the exhaust with just supported it better with stronger rubber bungs...what could it be as its sending me into a rage!!!! jay..could you have a look mate...i live in pilsley now so quite close to you;)

hey up Jay still cant get through mate..my number is 01773 873644. As i say i live in pilsley now mate so can meet anytime that good for you shag!!! thanks again mate you are star!!