ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust recomendations

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
Hi all,

I want a new stainless exhaust system for my 182 (cat back only), im in south wales, swansea area.

I have had a look at the Pro Speed Exhaust site and also Long Life Exhaust site (located in swansea) both seem very good places.

Who has used these places and what are your recommendations?

Also another quick question? Induction kits, talk to me. Which one would people recommend?

Cheers

Kris

Induction kit leave it standard and put a pipercross pane filter in, if you want noise maybe the JMS V6 airbox road set up.

Exhuasts I have a millitek cat back system not to everyone's taste but is good for me. Also maybe a yozza form Fred.

Looking for 182
What exactly are you looking for in a new exhaust? How loud do you want? Do you prefer raspy, or a deeper rumble type sound?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Everyone was up pro speeds arse a few years ago but not as many threads about these days.

I've had plenty of custom exhausts and to be honest I would go off the shelf for my next one.

Clio182, 88'Scirocco
What exactly are you looking for in a new exhaust? How loud do you want? Do you prefer raspy, or a deeper rumble type sound?

an exact replacement maybe the 2 tips slightly bigger. sound wise i want a bit of noise but not setting car alarms off loud, a nice low deepish sound if u know what i mean.

Do a search mate and research all the other exhausts YouTube is good for checking out noise.

Swansea no idea maybe buy online get a decent garage to fit it.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
exhaust (if you say not too raspy) - milltek, scorpion rs 192 (milltek can be bought from k-tec and delivered to your door)
induction: depends on your budget and if you want the noise. panel filter or v6 airbox give the best results mainly. If you really want the noise and something to look good under the bonnet go for an enclosed induction kit from a known brand (ITG maxogen, BMC CDA, pipercross viper are popular amongst rs owners) and make sure you get the air feed set up properly. have to say that at first I denied the idea of an IK, only wanted a panel filter at the most(I used to have an ITG panel for couple of months), but now I'm running a BMC CDA and I'm pleased, don't regret the money spent at all

Last edited:

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
oh and get the 2,5" cat mod done ;)
just for having a better joint to the center section if nothing else

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Id recommend scorpion. Seems nice, good sound (not overly raspy at all) and nice large pipes that fill the bumper. How long is a yozza without decat?

Lionel Richie
for the 1000000 f**king TIME, ITS NOT THAT LOUD!

volume - 70%
bass 20%
noise (in a sexy way) 80%
annoyance 15%

Looking for 182
I really don't see how anyone can claim a Yozza isn't loud, unless they're old and deaf. Even the without a decat it is pretty loud!

Stripped yozza'd cup
I really don't see how anyone can claim a Yozza isn't loud, unless they're old and deaf. Even the without a decat it is pretty loud!

Too much time spent making Yozza's ;) lol.

Seriously though, yozza would be my choice, without question. Especially as Fred has a new batch :cool: