ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust replacement

2003 MR2 Roadster
My exhaust has started blowing really badly today so needs replacing. I have not had chance to get underneath but sounds like its coming from the back box.

Can someone tell me how a 53 plate 172 standard exhaust is put together (is it a 3 piece etc) and roughly the cost of replacing the different parts please.

Thanks

The back box has prob gone at the front and it will be getting ready to drop into the road, have a good check asap imo. Mine started dropping off on my way back from cadwell park and luckily I pulled over and checked it as it was a gnats c**k from hitting the road and causing some serious damage!

The 172 has a 4 into 1 manifold connected to the cat on a flexi joint, from the back of the cat the standard original from the factory is one piece all the way back. However you can get replacement back boxes and centre sections seperately, genuine renault centre section approx £156 iirc and genuine renault back box £180ish I think, you may require a new back box exhaust mount which is a very snazzy piece of kit that will set you back about £15.

Well worth considering junking all the renault bits for a stainless steel system for about the same cost.

Hope that helps.