ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust rusted away,what now!!!!

I have ordered a new piper back box which should arrive on tuesday but my clio seems to be running very loud, i looked at the existing back box and it had totally come away from the pipe, what shall i do and what will it cost????sorry mates i am a bit of a novice when it comes to moddin clios!!!HELP

If the backbox is too blame, and you are putting a new backbox on.. then that will fix it?

If the middle section is damged, you might have to get a new one of them too..

Daz.

172 M69 eater

same thing happened ere, my middle section was gone. jus buy urself a new middle section 20 quid odd

patty

FAO Patty

20 quid for a new middle section?!? Where from?!? Both my back box and middle section went on my 96 RSi. I took it to Charlie Browns and they quoted my 200 quid!!!

clio 20v

mite as well get a stainless system a magnex is quiet enough an comes with lifetime guarantee plus not too ott tailpipe

if not middle section from euro car parts or andyspares not bad on cost

not sure how much magnex new but no too bad

adi

Which exhaust would you recommend for me? Im after an exhaust that gives a nice deep throaty growl when the car is ticking over at a stand still but sounds nice and aggressive when accelerating hard. However, I dont want the exhaust to deafen me on the motorway!

Would anybody here suggest Powerflow?

172 M69 eater

20 quid was from a local garage, jus a standard section, as daz sez it would be 200 quid if it was stainless steel with some sort of guarantee but this was renault cr*p!!

patty

and yes powerflow r excellent ben - not got one personally but seen a good few round ere and they sound and look the dogs

Willy2

yep my old powerflow was exactly that, after 4.5k sounded sweeeeeeeeet, go for it but keep the cat otherwise you wont be able to hear yourself think. By the way mines still for sale:(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

there are a new company making zorsts that have an electric slider in them u have the controlls on the dash so u can have it fully open for when u want all out noise, or u can press a button to close a baffle or summit and it makes it quiet, loocked nice :D

not sure on prices though was in a mag i was looking at.