ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhausts

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

whats the best system for the 172-k-tec or magnex,what does everybody think? ive heard the k-tec is loud but a poor fit and the magnex is a good fit but very quiet.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Ill be watching this one.

My ideal exhaust....
Hidden
Quiet below 4,500rpm
Raucous above 4,500rpm

That what I can drive it "normally" around town/home roads and not let anyone know its an animal and then when I cane it I get the nice sound that goes with the engine.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

ive got an ascar cobra exhaust at the mo,sounds awesome but is a bit to loud for me so im thinking of selling.unsure what to get.either the magnex or the k-tec.

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 05 January 2004

Ill be watching this one.

My ideal exhaust....
Hidden
Quiet below 4,500rpm
Raucous above 4,500rpm

That what I can drive it "normally" around town/home roads and not let anyone know its an animal and then when I cane it I get the nice sound that goes with the engine.

Thats what I want!!

R

rich[182]

I spoke to Nick @ Hillpower today about this very thing - If you can leave your car with him for a minimum of 2 days (better being 3) he can provide a custom built stainless cat back zorst with silencer and hidden pipe. He said its a total custom fit PER INDIVIDUAL CAR & top quality with much better quality silencer than most. Said it offers good gains & is not boomy on the motorway or cruise but you can tell its not standard (if that helps)

With Cliosport discount its £346 built, supplied & fitted (I think that inc vat)

Needs 2 weeks notice up front

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

my cup is booked in for thursday morning to get the magnex twin 3.5" system fitted, cant wait:D

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

got it for £260, garage near me were doing a deal 20% off until xmas so i ordered it on 22nd december, should sound really nice when u put the foot down and nice and subtle when taking it easy, just like the magnex i had on my old valver was, but i will let u know mate.

My K-Tec zorst was a perfect fit, better than any other exhausts Ive had. But I know other valver owners have said theyre a poor fit.

To be honest, and in my opinion, get it fitted by a decent garage and itll fit perfect.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

ill fit it myself at work just wanted peoples opinions because i have heard mixed reports.

i have heard mate that the ktec systems tend to get a bit shabby at a couple of months....i was going to get a magnex system 6x4 oval but i since changed my mind...im now getting a powerflow exhaust system with a pipe either side cut nicely into the bumper so you cant see the the exhaust box cos the magnex hangs quite low....if you go the powerflow website the actually state that in some cases they get the most bhp increase and torque..in their test the magnex gained small torque but lost bhp overall!!!...just can with powerfloe of course get lifetime warranty and enable them to customise the sound of the exhaust

Audi S3 225

I fitted my ktec myself and it was hanging all over the show and rattling like crazy so I paid a garage to fit it, cost about 50 quid and its a perfect fit now. defintly worth it.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

theres been bad reports about powerflow on here as well.maybe its just peoples personal opinion on what exhaust is best eh?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by yeecup on 05 January 2004

my cup is booked in for thursday morning to get the magnex twin 3.5" system fitted, cant wait:D
Just like mine :D

http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/Newclio/Magnex_08.jpg

I didnt go for the K-Tec because Ive seen too many wobble, and rust. Roamers is practically falling off the car at the moment, in bits!!!

The Magnex is far from silent, but is no where near as loud as even the quite K-Tec.

Theres a clip of mine here: http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/Newclio/magnex.avihttp://www.leemather.plus.com/images/Newclio/magnex.avi

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

looks good and sounds good mate.how big is the back box? is there any official power gain figures for the magnex that you know off? not sure if i would have the oval or twin.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i think the magnex is winning.k-tec dont seem very good quality by the sound of what everybodys saying.

Lee

BMW M2C

To be honest Im sure it could be a little closer to the bumper, but it does get very hot so its probably best it isnt!! The problem is it cant sit too close as the the exits are a little on the large side. 3" would have been prefered but Magnex didnt do one. When the car is wet, there is a dry patch above the exhaust. :D

As for any performance gains Ill find out at the next Power Engineering rolling road day.

There are more pictures here, youll see its not as low as that other shot makes it look. http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/Newclio/index.htmlhttp://www.leemather.plus.com/images/Newclio/index.html

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 06 January 2004

((off topic.... whats the point of the splitter in your iamges Lee m ??))
I like the look of it mate. Finishes off the front end nicely in my opinion. What do you think?

yup nice effect, but anything plastic on a car tends to look a bit cheap.. IMO a bodycoloured agressive lip would look good at that level on the front... anyone know of where i could get one?? ((not the ktec front either thats too big ))

N1.. u geting some alloys nxt them? what type i was thinking of HYDRAS in 17" (OZ i think)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 06 January 2004

To be honest Im sure it could be a little closer to the bumper, but it does get very hot so its probably best it isnt!! The problem is it cant sit too close as the the exits are a little on the large side. 3" would have been prefered but Magnex didnt do one. When the car is wet, there is a dry patch above the exhaust. :D

As for any performance gains Ill find out at the next Power Engineering rolling road day.

There are more pictures here, youll see its not as low as that other shot makes it look. http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/Newclio/index.htmlhttp://www.leemather.plus.com/images/Newclio/index.html

looks good mate.let me know what you gain from it.cheers

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

i think the reason that picture of the magnex appears to be hanging a bit low is because the system was designed to fit up to 2002 models since then magnex has modified the fitting kit to fit newer models, i know this cause i spoke to magnex direct and they had a 2003 sport in to adjust the fitting.

Yeah well yours MAY be bigger BUT!!! should i at some stage have a homosexual moment i can alway fit my CAT back in and just keep the rear two sections.

Dogmaul, just a quicky, fitting my zorst 2morrow, did you have 2 mod any brackets to make it fit proper??