ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

External temp sensor...packed up?

No more clio's for me!
My external temp sensor has packed up, worked fine this morning, but when i got in my car this afternoon it just flashed +60 degrees (fook me thats hot..lol) when i turned the igintion and then nothing....blank space.

Can this be fixed, easily, some how?

Thanks,
Dan:)

New sensor but first remove the passengers side cover and check the ssnor works I've done a posts reciently on what the values should be to a check for all posts started by me recietly.

Clio 172 Phase 2
how do you go about checking it? i found the values on your thread, but how do i check? any other things to look out for?

Check the wiring but basically if the sensors not putting out the right resistance hen its at fault if it is then you'll have fn tracking the wiring back through the door out through the rsubber sel on the door round the dash to the outside air temp and UCH.
To chek it you need a multimeter set to read resistance.

Clio 172 Phase 2
is it definately connected to the climate control, i asked a technician at Renault and he said it wasn't, however, when my external temp reading went, the auto mode doesn't work on my climate, so i reckon they are linked?

No more clio's for me!
haribo8 said:
is it definately connected to the climate control, i asked a technician at Renault and he said it wasn't, however, when my external temp reading went, the auto mode doesn't work on my climate, so i reckon they are linked?

I noticed that too mate, mine deffo all to c**k!!! Its in for a cambelt on the 24th so i'll have them take a look at it then!

I'm not sure if there connected had a quick look today and there not but everyone seems to have problems when they do go I'll have a more detailed look tomorrow.