ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extra Sky Viewing Card

LY182. Golf GT TDI 195.
Just had a Quad LNB fitted to my Sky dish and a second box put in another room today, which I bought off ebay.

So I have just rang Sky to ask for another viewing card for the second box, but they want £10 a month for a Sky Multiroom subscription. I tried telling the guy that I did not want a multiroom subscription, as I am not bothered about wotching two seperate channels at the same time, which if I am correct is what you need multiroom for. But he has said that I have to pay the £10 per month extra if I want another box in the house. Is this correct? Or can I get another card from somwhere and just stick it in the box and have them same channels as on the main box?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
erm. So you want a second subscription but don't want to pay for it??!!

Second subscription (as in multiroom) is a bargain for 10 quid/month.

You need to get multiroom, if you want to use another Sky box.
If you don't.. just get a video sender from the main box.

You've wasted your money getting a new LNB etc if you don't wanna pay £10 ;)

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If the rooms are close you could get the sky eye. Connects through thr second RF output on sky boy to your tv and has the receiver for remote attached.

Or as said above, a video sender will do the same.

We have an extra sky box set up in my room, just for some digital channels and radio. That's all you'll get from your extra box atm.

LY182. Golf GT TDI 195.
Problem sorted. As I don't have movies or sports channels, I can just swap the viewing card between box's and have all the mix channels etc, in both rooms. :rasp:

I give it 2 weeks before you either break the card, break the card reader, or pay £10 a month.

Not a Clio
Coax it from the RF out as mentioned above and get a magic eye from ebay. If you use proper decent quality coax the picture on the 2nd tv will be as good as on the main tv.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
^^^ Dont think so. I do switch my carb between the main box and a spare box now and again and the spare box isn't connect to the telephone line either. Works fine.

Dunno.. when I moved my card from Sky+ to SkyHD, nothing worked because it wasn't paired to the right box..

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Why not get a freesat card.

Best Option

When Sky were fitting our Sky+ upgrade a long while back i asked then kindly to put me a feed from the dish to my brothers room.

The kind installer did this and i stuck my old amstrad box in there and rang up to get a freesat card. £20 one off fee but he gots a lot fo channels in there :D

Job done, no messing around.

learning in corsa 1.3tb
yh i dont know what u lot are on bout???? cos in my house we have 5 sky box's (shhhhh) and we only pay 1 subscription. I think you phone up sky and ask for a viewing card and should be like £20 as said ^^^^ and then you get all the free channels?