ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

extracting power from f4r

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
thats good mate. i'll post my results as k-tec do before and after runs so i can see gains, will be posting it in here april/march. will be going ktr induction as messaged a few people and they are happy with them...
EDIT was ment to be in reply to greeny the only person that posted a helpful reply

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
real world figures you can subtract around 7hp from the ones you've posted, without spending thousands you won't be much above 180-183 on a good day, again being realistic

i can sugar coat it and say you'll be up at 190 but the i'd by a liar

Ah words of the wise.

172, 320td
im running schrick cams, bhp uk remap, itg pannel filter, ktec stealth cat back on a ph1 172. not 100% what power im running but it beats my mates golf r32 and keeps pulling away from it, and i beat a standard 172 by around 6-7 car legnths. even if i get a s**t start. so yeah, spend a little cash and its defo worth it. im guessing mines around 190 bhp

im running schrick cams, bhp uk remap, itg pannel filter, ktec stealth cat back on a ph1 172. not 100% what power im running but it beats my mates golf r32 and keeps pulling away from it, and i beat a standard 172 by around 6-7 car legnths. even if i get a s**t start. so yeah, spend a little cash and its defo worth it. im guessing mines around 190 bhp

Is your mates R32 broken? Or has he got something stuck under his pedal?

172, 320td
nope it dynod at 246bhp on a cold day. also smash my mates 330ci bmw. every one i know with a 172 they all go well

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Which Schricks are you running fella? And are you on stock ECU?

172, 320td
not too sure tbh mate, it was cammed when i bought it, think there just fast road, ill try find out now because my mate knows the fella who cammed it. stock ecu just remmaped. it used to not like iddling too well in the cold because of the cam, but sits nice now since the map, still nice and lumpy but alot smoother than it was

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
not too sure tbh mate, it was cammed when i bought it, think there just fast road, ill try find out now because my mate knows the fella who cammed it. stock ecu just remmaped. it used to not like iddling too well in the cold because of the cam, but sits nice now since the map, still nice and lumpy but alot smoother than it was
Yeah, that's why I was wondering... I don't know of any (many?) folks running Shcricks on a stock ECU. Definitely makes for a lumpy idle I would have thought!

172, 320td
it still ran fine before the map, but its just alot smoother now, dont feel the higher end kick as much any more because ive got more power now lower down the revs, its defo worth it tho if anyones thinking of doing it. noticable differance over a standard 172-182.

182cup & 172 racecar
ATpower itb's
421 cams
Little bit of head work
All balanced
Arb rod bolts

Simple

Last edited by a moderator:
  Ph1 T
Basically unless someone tells you what you want to hear its not helpfull? about right! Theres people commenting in here that will have spent/blown plenty of £££ on clio's so definately know what there talking about just take it on board!

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Easy peasy to get tidy power out of them , 242hp and 178lb ft , haven't added the bill up but will end up £6k to £7k by the time it's all finished lol

Lionel Richie
i never came across a boosted clio that was unpassable on track (yet!), they'd pull a bit on the straights but they'd be reeled in under brakes/through the twisteeez and out of the corners, i remember some years ago @ FCS Bruntingthorpe where we "entertained" the crowd by having a bit of a doo with the BBPT turbo clio, we passed it ;) then there was a Noble something or other doing passenger rides, oh how we upset him LOL!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
i never came across a boosted clio that was unpassable on track (yet!), they'd pull a bit on the straights but they'd be reeled in under brakes/through the twisteeez and out of the corners, i remember some years ago @ FCS Bruntingthorpe where we "entertained" the crowd by having a bit of a doo with the BBPT turbo clio, we passed it ;) then there was a Noble something or other doing passenger rides, oh how we upset him LOL!

Thats down to the rest of your brakes/handling package being superior though I would wager, or possibly you being more committed which is how Ive beaten a lot of cars on track that I know were quicker than mine, like this M3 I passed at combe, only reason was he wasnt trying hard enough to stop me, his car could have done:
370.jpg

I bet if you got two identical cup racers, turbo'd one to 300/300 and fitted your 242/178 engine to the other and left all the brakes and suspension setup as they were that with similar drivers in each the turbo would be faster round every track in the uk!

Lionel Richie
nope the NA clio would be quicker as the turbo one would be parked up with a broken Sadev ;) (only rated to 180ftlbs remember ;))