ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F**ked

Clio on SL 2118s
went out to start my car this morning for work.
the car unlocked with the key fob and nothing unusual.
went to start it and the car was dead.
not turning over or anything.
what i did notice was the lights on the dash were going mental and flashing and the needles were moving slightly. like a twitching.

anyway i got a lift to work but now im back i obviously need to solve the problem.
has anyone experienced similar or heard of similar?

the only thing related to this is the fact that the coil/electrical fault light has been coming on occasionally over the last 2 months. but nothing has previously happened.

the car is a mk2 ph2 1.2 16v by the way.

thanks for any help.

Sam

Clio on SL 2118s
thats weird cause i was just reading your thread.
my dash lights dont stay on after the ignition is off though. but they twitch.
nothing from the car at all but i can hear the fuses ticking in the fuse box.
thats about it.
my dads taking a look at the moment.
yh ill let you know if i find anything and vice versa.

good luck
Sam

Clio on SL 2118s
forgot to say that the little led on the key fob also comes on when i press the button.
but ive never noticed this before.
so whether that means anything....?

Clio on SL 2118s
forgot to say that the little led on the key fob also comes on when i press the button.
but ive never noticed this before.
so whether that means anything....?

They do that anyway.

oh mine never has before today.

just tried that in car diagnostics thing. but it just beeps and the needles move.
i have no trip computer to display any fault codes.

the immobiliser light on the dash also flashes fast when the ignition is on now.

1998 BMW e46 323i
Battery related. Mine did something similar after being left for 2 weeks when on hols. Towing didn't work, but a battery booster thing got it going a treat. I have a small battery drain somewhere, but it's worth getting your batt tested for free from halfrauds or somewhere.

Clio on SL 2118s
Battery related. Mine did something similar after being left for 2 weeks when on hols. Towing didn't work, but a battery booster thing got it going a treat. I have a small battery drain somewhere, but it's worth getting your batt tested for free from halfrauds or somewhere.

yeah i work for halfrauds so thats not a problem.
was going to have it checked anyway.
thanks though.

although i did just check it with a battery tester at home and it was reading over 12 volts.

Clio on SL 2118s
YES IT LIVES ON!!!
went to halfords.
i checked the battery and it said recharge and repeat test.
bought a new calcium battery on trade....£40 quite a bargain seen as they are £59.99.
got it back home.
turned over but no start. turned the ignition on whilst holding in trip button and the engine started.
whether that reset it i dont know. but its working now :D
hope this helps.

Sam