ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2016 Next Gen

RS Clio 182
The Manor's straight line speed from the Merc engine really shines at Monza - i got an amazing 4th there! But my TM Wehlein just finished outside the top 10.....this is where i think about turning the difficulty up to legend,but then again i really struggle on other tracks. Theres times were a damaged car can really hold up the AI,they dont pass them,and i can catch up that way on several occasions - i think codies need to look at that.

Singapore next,i had no pace at all - qualified in 20th,and i struggled to a 14th place finish,holding up a train of cars behind me as my tyres were in shreds near the end. There was two lengthy SC periods in that one.

Ive elected to hold on the R&D for the rest of the season for the 25% bonus. Ive completed the 2nd tier on all developments.

I may fully upgrade the car as much i can at the start of next season but notch it up to Legend.

I'm currently running on Hard but yeah, it's too easy so will have to up that for next season. Have won six races on that setting this year in the Manor!

Saw my first sparks in Japan too last night, nice touch but not enough of them! Oh and the new patch for Xbox has improved it. Liking the fact I can see the fuel remaining in the mix option and opt to not change the front wing following damage.

Good game. Crap graphics. Ha.

Goliath I
Been really enjoying this. Started the Career but realised I put the race length to 100% (normally do 50%) and in the Practice Qualifying challenge runs I managed 8th in the Sauber, so gonna restart it with higher difficulty.

I'm also running Championship mode with Verstappen as sometimes I just want to pick up and play a race, this lets me do that and doesn't seem like a pointless race.

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm really struggling on Expert difficulty in the Manor mainly due to the handling seems to have changed from the patch for the worse. No matter what setting I choose I cannot drive quickly round corners without the back end going. This is why I was 5 seconds off the pace at Russia and at Spain I'm 4 seconds slower than my TM.

RS Clio 182
I just made the best tyre stategy call ever. A HUGE slice of luck resulted in me winning my first race,at Suzuka,from 22nd on the grid in a Manor!!

So i chose to go Medium/Hard/Hard for the race,disregarding Softs. So a 2 stop long stinted race.

Lap 8,i go in for Hards,having climbed to 11th....then on Lap 16,a lap before i was going to back on the final Hards,there was a massive crash involving Hamilton & Grosjean on the 130R. Hamilton spun trying to overtake a Williams,Grosjean ploughed into him,going 30 foot up in the air! (worst AI crash ive seen)

So that brought the safety car out,i went in pits under the safety car to put on Hards - so i had 10 laps left of the race on them - however all the other cars that chose to go on softs had to make an extra pit stop - i was the only car that chose my 2x Hard tyre strategy. So the last 10 laps resulted in my overtaking the AI in the pits over various laps,with me getting the lead - and managing to hold off Bottas right at the end for a win of 0.6 secs!!

Was that just a really lucky tyre call and safety car timing?!!

RS Clio 182
Well a real life bolt of lightening has made me up the difficulty to legend.

Was in the USA gp last night in the Manor,was a full wet race - started in 10th and got myself up to 3rd. then i went into 1st as the top 2 pitted....the race dried up,and Raikonnen and Rosberg caught me on the last few laps,so i finished in 3rd. There was a thunder storm outside which blew my house electrics right before the game saved!!

But im thinking that is way too easy to get a podium in a Manor in the first season - so i will up it to Legend
,and re-run the race.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
I finally went went and bought this game yesterday along with a PS4, logitech G29 wheel and playseat challenge seat and stand combo.
Expensive day to say the least but really enjoying it just been doing loads of practice sessions on various tracks before I start career mode.

Even got the other half involved in it
44ad6709839fb33afdb6381850b9c078.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought a slim PS4 and F1 2016 as my mate has been bugging me for months to convert to a PS4 over Xbox so we can play online. He says its much harder than previous F1 games as well, which I found hard anyway. This is gonna take some getting used to as for one I've never played on a PS4 and two I don't really play on F1 games.

From the above post, spent a few hours on this last night and love it. Managed a 1:29 around Australia in time trails which doesn't seem to bad for a total novice. Just need to set the car up now and start the career campaign.

RS Clio 182
I finally went went and bought this game yesterday along with a PS4, logitech G29 wheel and playseat challenge seat and stand combo.
Expensive day to say the least but really enjoying it just been doing loads of practice sessions on various tracks before I start career mode.

Even got the other half involved in it
44ad6709839fb33afdb6381850b9c078.jpg

How much was the wheel & seat? And from where?

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
How's everyone's career going, I'm finding myself getting so wound up after being hit from behind multiple times. Just moved to Force India after the British GP

RS Clio 182
Im on season 2 in the Manor,going to Mexico i was LEVEL on points with Rosberg at the top of the standings! I won that race,with Rosberg & Hamilton finishing behind me - so i had a slender lead going into Brazil.

A puncture on the last lap may have cost me the title! Tyre wear was really bad in Brazil,i was in 7th fending off Rosberg when i got the puncture with TWO corners left,i got overtaken on the straigh to finish in 11th! Hamilton won the race - giving him a 9 point lead going to Abu Dabhi!! I know i still have a big chance to win it,but really i need the two Mercedes to really mess up and i need a podium.

This is on Expert difficulty btw,5 wins this season in the Manor seems unrealistic,but it is nearly all upgraded apart from the last few.

Ive heard there will be a 'Master' difficulty in the upcoming patch,which bridges the gap between Expert & Legend. So il probably use that for next season.

Done Australia then jibbed it off! Only do time trail and online, the latter though is terribly unreliable and crashes all the time. Great game when on track racing but all the bits in-between are just laborious.

Golf R/Leon FR
Just finished Canada in the Manor. It was a wet weekend and I found a great set up. Canada is my favourite track on the calendar so I managed to qualify in 9th. This is on expert but my R&D has been good so we are ahead of the Sauber and Renault.
The race start was carnage with a pile up at the first corner with Vettel, Hamilton retiring so out came the SC. I was in 7th all the way up to lap 25 when the track dried out and my wet set up caught me out on the straights. I finished the race in 8th as my tyre management was very good.
Just beaten my rival Jolyon Palmer and onto Baku.

RS Clio 182
Up to Singapore in Season 3,im having a real epic ding dong battle with Hamilton at the top of the standings - im currently 14 points ahead but the lead has changed hands several times.

I made a big error at Spa,going onto Inters way too early - but then a message came up on the screen : 'Hamilton is out of the race' ....and i let out a big cheer haha.

My Manor team has peaked with all upgrades done a while ago,and is now slipping down - currently the 6th best team - so its now or never to win the Championship in this car!!

Goliath I
Still only 3 races into Career lol Finished Championship mode and won it with Verstappen.

For some reason the F1 games are the only racing game where I have to use the suggested braking line. I think it's because there are no tyre/brake marks on the floor which I normally use to help judge the corners.

RS Clio 182
Still only 3 races into Career lol Finished Championship mode and won it with Verstappen.

For some reason the F1 games are the only racing game where I have to use the suggested braking line. I think it's because there are no tyre/brake marks on the floor which I normally use to help judge the corners.

I use them aswell - for some reason cos im so low down i find it hard to see the apex of some corners,plus you have enough to deal with all the other elements in the race. Another thing, if there wasnt flashbacks in this i would never have a chance of winning races - the AI clip you so many times..

Goliath I
Yeah I find the lack of tyre marks that normally show the line make it really difficult judging the corner.

I find the ai still needs a lot of work doing to it, at least wheel to wheel racing anyway. They will literally aim for the racing line regardless, if they go off they will just throw themselves back on track at the earliest opportunity and they seem to have no spacial awareness.

It's a shame really as everything else is bang on.

Golf R/Leon FR
I only use the braking line for tracks I've not raced at (Baku, Mexico etc) but never use it for the other tracks.

Completed Austria the other day, finished 7th after a good battle with Alonso and Sainz.

RS Clio 182
Going to USA with a 3 point lead over Hamilton,i battled to a hard fought 4th place while Hamilton retired half way through - and another yelp of joy from me hehe. A 15 point lead now with 3 races left,and Mexico & Brazil are normally strong tracks for me - the title going to Manor?! :)

RS Clio 182
I clinched the world championship for Manor at Brazil! I got a 3rd place in a full wet race while Hamilton came 11th and out of the points again - dont think he scored any points in the last 4 races,making it easy for me after such an epic battle all season. Abu Dabhi,the last race i may switch it up to Master difficulty and see what its like as im planning to have that in season 4. Still deciding which team though!

RS Clio 182
This was from Baku in season 3 - i lunged over the line to take 3rd away from Bottas,despite finishing in the same exact time!!

Golf R/Leon FR
Just raced at Silverstone.
Qualified on pole only because it was a wet qualifying and I waited until 5 mins to go in Q3 and it was drying out. I stuck a set of inters on and was 1 second quicker than Hamilton.

Pretty decent race but by turn 6 I was in 2nd ha. Finished the race in 8th.
Got a contract offer from Haas, McLaren and Force India after the race. So went with FI. On to Hungary now.

RS Clio 182
So im onto season 4,going to Force India and up to Master difficulty - ive had finishes of 12th,8th,4th,11th....and ive had a written warning already! Seems a bit harsh!

Does that mean i get sacked in 4 races if i dont improve?

Ive gotta say im enjoying the challenge of master level,battling for points,but Force India are expecting me to challenge for the title hehe.

Golf R/Leon FR
First race in the Force India at Hungary, couldn't get a good set up in practice, but made a tweak to the wing settings before Qualifying and nailed it. Qualified 5th and finished the race in 3rd after stretching my tyres out on the first stint.
Onto Germany next one of my favourite tracks.

RS Clio 182
Well this is ridiculous - after getting a 2nd place in Baku ive been SACKED by Force India,despite being 3rd in the championship!!

They then gave me a choice between either Sauber (bottom team) or retirement.

How harsh is that?! And i was really enjoying the challenge of this season.....I think Codies got this part wrong,you dont sack someone who are getting podiums and in the title race - im not sure if i want to carry on now.

RS Clio 182
That's bloody crazy! What a kick in the balls.

What followed was my most satisfying GP ever in Austria ha. I chose to take up the Sauber offer and put the difficulty back down to Expert as i havnt a hope in hell otherwise.

Qualifying was as expected,the Sauber is the bottom ranked team and the car was slow as - i started in 22nd.

I saw the race was turning wet half way through so i chose to start on softs and then onto Inters.

I basically one-stopped my way to an inbelievable win in the Sauber!! Everyone else two-stopped or more as they started on softer tyres - also a safety car was perfectly timed for me.

I probably wont ever win in the Sauber again so i enjoyed this one - and up yours Force India!!

Golf R/Leon FR
That's bizarre lol!
You must have felt like Daniil Kvyat!

My 2nd race in the FI at Hockenheim, qualified in 8th and finished 4th as I went for Hard tyre strategy. Hulkenberg has retired in both races so far so I'm easily beating him as my rival.

Golf R/Leon FR
Did Spa last night - Awful qualifying session, didn't make it out of Q2 with the wet track and started 16th.
Race was awesome though, first corner accident that I just avoided and was in 12th when the safety car came out. I pitted early to get rid of the super soft tyres and went onto mediums. Got up to 4th then it started raining with 4 laps left. Pitted a lap too late but the front runners didn't pit so I managed to catch Raikkonen for 3rd. Only 18 finished the race too.

Golf R/Leon FR
Monza last night - Not sure why but the AI is so slow around here. I was 1.3 seconds quicker than Hamilton. The race was more of the same, I was 6 seconds in front of Hamilton for most of the race and comfortably won. I'll be upping the difficulty for the 2nd season.

Golf R/Leon FR
Singapore finished yesterday - started 10th after another poor qualifying and out qualified by my rival Sainz. Luckily for me he retired on lap 8. Managed to do a 3 stop strategy helped by 4 SC periods. Ended up 5th behind Vettel.

Golf R/Leon FR
Suzuka completed - Started 6th and was pushed wide in the first corner by Vettel and ended up in 11th. Somehow managed to get up to 3rd in a few laps but a dodgy stint on the hard tyres at the end of the race meant I finished 4th. Ricciardo is my new rival and is currently beating me by 2 points in the rival challenge but is only 1 point ahead of me in the championship. Onto one of my favourite tracks next - Texas.

Golf R/Leon FR
Austin and Mexico just finished today -

Austin started on the front row and was leasing until the last round of pit stops and couldn't reel Hamilton in. Ended up 2nd.

Mexico - not really a fan of this track, however qualified on pole by over a second. Race was wet for its entirety and I managed to stay 1st up to my 2nd stop and the same lap I pitted the SC came out to recover Magnussen. I needed to make a 3rd stop a few laps after the Safety car and was down in 5th. I managed to pass Bottas and Verstappen to come into the last lap 3rd. Rosberg and Ricciardo were fighting into the first corner on the last lap and both went wide meaning I caught them easily and managed to dive down the inside of turn 4 and into the lead. Great final lap seeing me take the win.
Hamilton was crowned champion and I just beat my Rival Ricciardo by 3 points. Onto Brazil next.

Golf R/Leon FR
Last race of my first season at Abu Dhabi. Qualified in 6th which was lower than expected. Managed to get up to 3rd after lap 1 and was leading with 10 laps to go and had to pit for new tyres.
Coming out of the pit lane in 7th and the pit limiter wouldn't go off so I was stuck at 50mph. Had to restart the race!! Will finish it later ha.