ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F10 M3 and F82 M4

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Popped in to have an oil service at the weekend on the E46 M3. Noticed they had a few very tidy cars in the showroom. Convertibles aren't really my thing at all - I'd never buy one, but I did like the Yas Marina blue paintwork on the M4. The black F80 M3, on the other hand, was absolutely stunning. Had a look around it and sat in it - the doors are so lightweight, like I wasn't even holding them open. I can imagine the black paint would be an absolute nightmare keeping clean and free of swirls though. Valencia Orange would have been better on this model, IMO :cool:

Had a chat with one of the sales guys, and also to a mate of mine later on that day. He was telling me a chap came in to the dealer in Carlisle and took out the new F80 M3 and the F10 M5. The guy said the M3 was a brilliantly capable car and so quick, but the M5 made it look like a piece of sh*t. He said it was phenomenal and so effortless - much like what we've been told on here a few times. I was also shown a video of a guy doing 188mph in one on the bypass near where I live, and was told that an older guy from Hawick bought one and was doing between 180mph - 210mph on the motorway for 40 minutes constant and used a full tank of fuel in that time 😂 Mental case.

Anyway, the salesman advised me that although the new M5 is indeed a weapon, the running costs are astronomical, even when compared to the M3.

Here's some pictures of the cars:

16720296558_b0f99f73bf_c.jpg

16700641617_4beeb48abf_c.jpg

16287964233_9e9c3f9022_c.jpg

16287963343_edfe8c4e6e_c.jpg

16882077976_c555520409_c.jpg

16907971645_ca8c9b72cf_c.jpg

16285593554_081f41d6cf_c.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Have to say. I'm not a bmw car fan. However the new models do look pretty nice.

Ran in to one in that lovely blue colour (convertible) when I was out on my bike on Friday. Had a little play. Not sure if it was a 3 or 4. Didn't get much of a chance to look as I dropped mine a gear. Got a wave from the driver as I went past near the bewl water resevour. And to top it off I saw it use its indicators !! Must have specced them.

Baller.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
There's still no BMW contribution on M3/4's which is daft teamed with their 6.4% APR.

Not a 320d
Those M5 deals for two years would ensure you didn't really need to change tyres or service the thing so in fact for someone that drives very little they would make a lot of sense.

No as bad as you might think. Salesman is full of s**t.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Again i'm not a massive BMW fan, the back arch on that M3 is something to behold! The M5 is special!

Snotter's
I used to work for BMW and had was lucky enough to take the m5 home a few times, great cars but not sure about going flat out for that long. They had a few issues with overheating (certainly the early models). I much preferred the rs6 to the m5.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I used to work for BMW and had was lucky enough to take the m5 home a few times, great cars but not sure about going flat out for that long. They had a few issues with overheating (certainly the early models). I much preferred the rs6 to the m5.
The F10?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Have to say. I'm not a bmw car fan. However the new models do look pretty nice.

Ran in to one in that lovely blue colour (convertible) when I was out on my bike on Friday. Had a little play. Not sure if it was a 3 or 4. Didn't get much of a chance to look as I dropped mine a gear. Got a wave from the driver as I went past near the bewl water resevour. And to top it off I saw it use its indicators !! Must have specced them.

Baller.
The 3 is a four door saloon mate and the 4 is either a coupe or convertible.

Snotter's
Yes the f10, something to do with the turbo being in the v?

Having said that I had the same issue with a new m135i that got thrashed with delivery mileage and that kept going into limp mode.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yes the f10, something to do with the turbo being in the v?

Having said that I had the same issue with a new m135i that got thrashed with delivery mileage and that kept going into limp mode.
Turbos are always in the Vs now days, that's nothing abnormal.
Hmm I'd still have one!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I had an interesting discussion regarding warranty and general breakdowns of new BMWs vs Mercedes. The Mercedes thing was because the gentleman had had Mercs for years and really liked the new 335D, traded in his E Class for it and 2 weeks later it broke a few times on him. He told them to keep it and bought a new E class.

In turn he was discussing it with a warranty friend and then a breakdown company owner and they were both in agreement that the BMWs just now were causing lots of issues. Especially when compared with the same age Mercedes.

Focus RS mk1
The MD at our bmw dealership has just had the akrapovic back box upgrade put on his M4 ............£2500 ........ for a back box! Carbon tips was £250 each! But tbf the noise is like nothing else!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I really don't get the love for Akrapovic stuff, well made but they always sound average compared with other top end stuff like Eisenmann for eg.

An orange one
With the current lead times, they'll be on to a new model by the time the current one turns up!

Yeah but showroom stock is plentiful around the country and they aren't flying out the door in too big of a hurry. I've still only seen about 4 M4's and no other M3 on the road.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah but showroom stock is plentiful around the country and they aren't flying out the door in too big of a hurry. I've still only seen about 4 M4's and no other M3 on the road.
'Plentiful' is probably a bit strong! Lol

An orange one
I'm not a fan of Alpina at all, the body kit and splitters are terrible and the wheels have never, ever been changed with the exception of the Z4 roadsterS and those wheels were equally as bad!

Leon Cupra 300
I'm not a fan of Alpina at all, the body kit and splitters are terrible and the wheels have never, ever been changed with the exception of the Z4 roadsterS and those wheels were equally as bad!
'

Check the 'turbines' on the E39/E46 and compare to the newer generation cars, they're quite different.

The Roadster S alloys weren't exclusive to that car, but I agree, they were awful.

Other than that they're awesome cars. Specially the new 600hp/590lbft B5 Touring...

200.7mph top speed, titanium wheels that are 17kg each! lighter than a regular steel version.

Last edited:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
There are 6 unsold M3's at my local dealer. There is still no offers on them!