ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F3/GT's Oulton Park

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Was anyone from here at Oulton Park yesterday? I spotted a couple of Clio's coming in when I was on post at Water Tower. A very good days racing but some nasty crashes to deal with. We had a big crash in the second GT race that started at Water tower but ended up right in the middle of Druids with 2 Ginettas. We had to deal with the incident under the safety car and the track staying live which made things pretty exciting. Thankfully nobody was seriously injured in any of the incidents.
All in the day of a marshal. If anyone fancies having a go at marshalling then have a look at www.marshals.co.uk and follow the links on there. There's plenty of info on how to get started. also if anyone wants to ask me I''m happy to chat and hopefully persuade them to join up. It's all voluntary but a very worthwhile way to enjoy close up motorsport action and also help to make the day safe for everyone. I've been marshalling some 8 years with the Motorsport Marshals Club and over 30 years on and off through local motor clubs on various rallies including the old RAC Rally back in the late 70's.

RB 182 Gordini
I was up visiting family near Northwich and could here the cars going round the track! I was going to pop up but didn't have time! I'll be rolling up in the 182 Gordini for Touring Cars though! Been there last 9 years, cracking day out! I'm going to have a look at the Marshals website as me and my mate have always spoke about looking into it! You can't beat racing no matter what the track day is. What was on there over the weekend then?