ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4r flywheel bolt thread

HBT 172 Cup
FYI my new bolts had "M9" on the end of them, which would be a pretty good indicator they are an M9 bolt, but this is the french we are talking about so could be something stupid like the material spec instead lol

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
They are m9 iirc. Had to get mine directly from Renault as none of the local suppliers would do it. Normal pitch iirc.

cost about £18 too! Scammers!

They are m9 iirc. Had to get mine directly from Renault as none of the local suppliers would do it. Normal pitch iirc.

cost about £18 too! Scammers!

Cheers mate!
Don't happen to know the length do you, or have the part number handy?

The guy I spoke to in Renault today wasn't to helpful!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
They're about 20-25mm but I can't be sure.

i haven't got a part number no but the dealer should be able to get that no problem. I just went in and asked for 7 flywheel bolts and they ordered them in for me

BOOM! ^ there you go lol

HBT 172 Cup
To be fair i've reused bolts, done them FT with a breaker bar and never had an issues. But then i read someone with a meganne (or could have been a clio), that sheared all of them. I dont fancy a flywheel departing the crankshaft at 7000rpm about a metre away from me. Better to be safe than sorry!

Cup In bits
Stupid f**king French, m9 on the flywheel and m7 iirc on the sump and w/pump....what's that all about!!

HBT 172 Cup
OK i cant figure out if the flywheel bolt is M8 or M9, but it definatlely has a fine pitch thread of 1mm. Head of the bolt is 5mm high and thread is 21mm, overall bolt length approx 26 - 26.5mm

CLutch cover plate bolt is M7, but can't make out the thread pitch (it will be standard though), i think its 1mm. Head and washer is 7mm thick, thread is 14mm long. Overall bolt length is 21mm.

Cup In bits
Yup thought it was fine thread tbh, m9 is a very rare thread but it wouldn't surprise me with the other bolts they build them with. :)