ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4RT head on F4R block

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
197 head and inlet fits easily and great for clearance at the back.

Would this make the whole turbo process a lot easier as I could probably do a deal with my mate. My meg engine for his 197 engine meaning I could use his cams and head?

Sorry to bug you mate but you seem like a guy in the know on most threads I read.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Would this make the whole turbo process a lot easier as I could probably do a deal with my mate. My meg engine for his 197 engine meaning I could use his cams and head?

Yes mate the 197 inlet and head would really help with the clearance issues, although you would still not be able to use the whole of the turbo compressor outlet part as it comes right upto the plugs, but would be easy to modify so it doesnt come quite as far forward I would think (havent personally done it though):
motor-turbo-20-f4rt-gdg-2011-1.jpg

Sorry to bug you mate but you seem like a guy in the know on most threads I read.

Its fine mate, helping people out is the main reason I like the forum :)

Ph1 172 and Ph1 225
Yes mate the 197 inlet and head would really help with the clearance issues, although you would still not be able to use the whole of the turbo compressor outlet part as it comes right upto the plugs, but would be easy to modify so it doesnt come quite as far forward I would think (havent personally done it though)

Thanks again.

That sounds like a better route to take. Plus some bonnet modifications on the ph1?

Just need to find someone willing to undertake the work. And machining or drilling of the head I can do at work with given dimensions.