ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT on something very minor and need help!

Black Gold with cup packs
The car had it's MOT Wednesday just gone and it failed (didn't really fail he just said bring it back within 10 days with that secured) on the rear braided hoses not being secure enough to the car, due to them floating it is possibly for them to rub against rubber lines and eventually wear them. Anyway this was caused due to the clip securing the hoses to the actual car going walkabouts, I need a new clip basically and that is it to pass the MOT, now if I could get hold of one it would probably cost me 50p-£1 :) that small, BUT it is an aftermarket clip and not a Renault fitment due to the Renault clip not being able to clear the circumfrence of the braided lines. If anyone knows what I am talking about or where I can get hold of one clip it would be much appreciated, I do not know the make of ther lines and I have been in touch with GDI and they cannot tell me as they use a few lines, i'm pretty sure they are not goodrich. They are just silver braided lines. Are there any markiong on the lines which can indicate who is the manufacturer? Or are all of the Renault aftermarket braided lines the same fitment? meaning a goodrich clip would clear them? A bit confusing I know, I will try and take a photo now and post it so you guys get more of an idea of what I am referring to

I suggested the possibility of using a cable tie to secure it and the MOT inspector said it would not secure it sufficiently. If I was to cable tie them on and take it back to the same inspector, providing they are secure would the inspector have to pass it, despite me using cable ties when he suggested not to?

pclip_large.jpg

Just select the size you need, google - p clip, find a supplier, tweeks would do them i think.

Drill the hole, tap the hole, put the p clip around the brake line, put the bolt and spring/flat washer through the p clip and tighten.

williams and trophy
I suggested the possibility of using a cable tie to secure it and the MOT inspector said it would not secure it sufficiently. If I was to cable tie them on and take it back to the same inspector, providing they are secure would the inspector have to pass it, despite me using cable ties when he suggested not to?

if its secure it secure mate really.

end of.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
pclip_large.jpg

Just select the size you need, google - p clip, find a supplier, tweeks would do them i think.

Drill the hole, tap the hole, put the p clip around the brake line, put the bolt and spring/flat washer through the p clip and tighten.

Oh lol, my mistake.
images

DSCF0441.jpg

i've pinched that picture from Jonny1*2's guide (hope that's OK!) - what does yours look like?

the lines pass through the brackets and are held to them by the spring clips. are the hoses too big for the bracket or the spring clips?

personally, wouldn't secure brake lines with zip ties. your MoT man might expect you to come up with something a bit more substantial (ed. just re-read and can see you've already been told he'd not pass zip ties)

he didn't say he wouldn't pass it with cable ties, he just suggested it may not be secure enough

williams and trophy
DSCF0441.jpg

i've pinched that picture from Jonny1*2's guide (hope that's OK!) - what does yours look like?

the lines pass through the brackets and are held to them by the spring clips. are the hoses too big for the bracket or the spring clips?

personally, wouldn't secure brake lines with zip ties. your MoT man might expect you to come up with something a bit more substantial (ed. just re-read and can see you've already been told he'd not pass zip ties)

the spring clips fit the other side mate. to the std metal pipes. so that shouldnt b a prob. tbh from that pic cant see how the hoses couldnt be secure unless the spring clips havent been fitted. i know thats not a pic of the car with prob.

Lionel Richie
^WTF??? neer seen that before, mickey mouse brake lines!

i've got a pair of goodridge rears somewhere (new)

^WTF??? neer seen that before, mickey mouse brake lines!

i've got a pair of goodridge rears somewhere (new)

Supplied and fitted by GDI Fred, have you got the clips with the rears??? I will take them off your hands for sure Fred. PM me with price paypal ect

Lionel Richie
someone actually fitted them to your car and thought "hum, yeah thats normal" :rolleyes:

where the f**k did you buy those lines from?

Supplied and fitted by GDI Fred, have you got the clips with the rears??? I will take them off your hands for sure Fred. PM me with price paypal ect

there, no more than 2 months ago, part of a Brembo disk/ mintex pad set up

Lionel Richie
the goodridge don't need clips, they slot into the OE holes perfectly and you use the existing spring clips on the hard lines

101_0522.jpg

The brand is clear here, The name seems very appropriate from the problems I am having at the moment

ok short of buying a new set what is my solution, already phoned and pm'd GDI with my problem along with pictures problem, I would have thought my basic solution would be to contact the supplier (HEL)? and get myself a new clip, I am assuming HEL is a German or Dutch company?

ITB'd Ph1 172
I have PM'd you rich! The pics you sent me indicate that they are wrong and i'll get onto our supplier in the morning and get some correct ones sorted out for you ASAP!

What the Fook are they trying to kill someone :eek: if you don't get new lines it time your best bet would be a wosher over the end and refit the brake pipe. But how the hell can someone fit them and think they are alright is beyond me :mad: