ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fairy Liquid for cleaning the car!

wasnt their a thread about using baby shampoo :eek: was all the range on dw briefly

an washing up liquid to remove the wax irc

all washing up liquids are abrasive. they have tiny strains of salt in them that help keep you dishes clean. but i dont use it as im posh and have a dish washer.

I'm sure it wouldnt make a blind bit of difference with or without them :) The dirt on the surface of the car will cause more scratches.

Not a 320d
Well no not regularrrrllylylylyly bleurgh. It strips lsp's and itl play havoc with your seams and other rubber bits. I used it once on my dads car after a clay to try degrease it further. it was in a right state and it did the job.

C

clvs2222

i do alot of detailing on my cars and customers, i always wash the car with Fairy liquid first as it strips all wax and protection on the car. It will only cause damage to a car if used on a regular basis, causing damage to the rubbers and will increase swirl marks in the paint.

To cover my own back, i do fully machine polish customers cars afterwards, incl fully rinsing off and scrubbing all rubbers.

tiTTy & SV650
It contains salt, we had a customer blaming us for ruining his new motorcycle after using our corrosion protector.

With a bit of enquiring he admitted he used Fairy Liquid to clean his bike including the bare aluminium swingarm... then when we prompted him to pursue Proctor and Gamble he was told "no we can't recommend you clean vehicles with it"

Clio 182 with cup kits
Its alkaline actually and it doesnt eat the paintwork lol!

Also since when was fairy liquid abrasive LOL

yeah think your right but it gets into any blemishes in your paintwork and causes rust as it has salt in it. Also causes streaks and removes your wax polish etc. It's simply too harsh for your car.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I used it when I was washin some of the cars that we sprayed in the garage, we only use it once obviously as they'll be gone soon after.

3 Series touring
NO! dont use fairy liquid..its s**t

this is what you're after
nfxztyo3lmuieawv36jo.jpg

bit o' bang! ;)

In all honesty, I use Daisy from Tescos for degreasant in arches and shuts etc. Works very well and is CHEAP like the budgie!