ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Falken ze912 tyres OR Hankook v12 tyres?

Hello,
I'm currently needing to purchase 2 front (and soon to be 2 rear) tyres, I know that most people think that pilot sports are the best and currently having 4 of them on the car (the front 2 of which are nearly bald and still perform well) I wouldn't disagree.
However, my budget at the moment only permits £50-£70 to be spent on each tyre, rather than atleast £100 that the michelins require. So on camskill i've found these two tyres - the falkens are £55 and the hankook's are £67. Has anyone got experience using either of these tyres?
I'm not too concerned about dry characteristics, more wet braking and aquaplaning i.e I don't want to lock up if i have to brake hard in the wet and I don't want to have the steering wheel ripped out of my hand if i start aquaplaning (things that don't happen with the michelins). Any help appreciated but preferably from people that have used these tyres on a 172/182. Cheers!