ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fan belt snapped.

My fan belt has just snapped on me, PLEASE some one tell me it wont kill my engine.
The car wont start, just cut out at the traffic lights had a look and the belt was chewed up AAARRRRRRR:(

S4 Avant
Doesn't sound promising. Shouldn't have done too much damage though, unless it's wrapped itself around the cambelt

Fiesta ST-3
Just notice you have a cup, im not sure how much damage it would of done. It powers the battery etc. Just dont drive it until you can have a proper look in the morning.

Im running the std 172/182 set up on my cup. Had to change it round to fit the supercharger. The belt is still on but frayed so its slipping. The car was out of gear and just cut out, tried to start her up and wouldnt start.

Its the aux belt. My power steering pipe has split and pissed oil all over the belt. Dont look like its took the cam belt out....... i hope. The belt is just frayed not snapped, but it does look like it wants to come off.

Black Gold Trophy
Pics would help.

Easy way to tell if it's taken out the cambelt, if the engine spins over really quickly (ie: quicker than usuall) the engine has most likely lost compression due to a bent valve.
Or just get a mate to turn it over and take the oil cap off to see if the cams are turning.

The bottom pulley slipped, no compression. The aux belt was coming off because the power steering pipe has been messed with, and pissed pas oil all over the belt:(.