ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO - Cliosport.net old-timers

Something I've been wondering for a while, just out of curiosity.

I assume at some point everyone on here came to CS due to Clio ownership. But for the majority of "old timers" (for want of a better word) I've never seen what Clio you actually used to own (and I've been lurking around almost 2 years).

So, if you have any to hand, stick some pics up... I'm interested to see what you started off with (before it became BMW/Audi/FRS/FRP/gti/shed.net, to name but a few that spring to mind).

Cheers
Sam

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still driving the same 1.2 that i had when I registered....fml

IMG_0510.jpg

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
You should put a year on that you class old timers before, as billybob might reappear in here!

Am i an old timer ?

<--

I'm still driving the same 1.2 that i had when I registered....fml

Top effort that!

You should put a year on that you class old timers before, as billybob might reappear in here!

Don't really know how to quantify it :S Most people know when they've been about a long time. Maybe call it greater than 4/5 years... Not sure?! I know there's still a couple of 2003er's knocking about.

Edit: Bonxy, 2008 is pretty good going, chuck a pic up. Anything before the original bean?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
1.2 16v which I had from new in 2003 when I joined the site. Factory xenons, electric everything etc. I went a bit crazy with options.

Carbon bonnet, 172 Aliums, exhaust and a drop.

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

Ph1 172. 2005 - 2007

Speedlines, Cup splitter, Ph2 bum, Ph2 lights, Ph2 strips, HIDs, exhaust, decat, filter and remap.

cbgb2.jpg

0251.jpg

182. 2007 - 2012

Coilovers, Trophy Speedlines, filter, exhaust, decat.

af6ed3c0.jpg

e5dd54bc.jpg

200. 2012 - Present. Again, I went pretty mental with the options list. :eek:

H&R springs, HIDs and 16mm spacers will be on before September. Akrapovic exhaust before the end of the year.

0872dbfe.jpg

3439e22d.jpg

eb836769.jpg

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yup. New in March 2003 when I joined here.

My join date says June 2004 though because Revels doesn't believe me. Lol.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
That's some dedication :)

Top effort that!

It's a good car to be fair, although i'm always waiting for something to fail now. At 8 years old and 75k she still has the original exhaust, original rear drums and shoes, original shock absorbers etc etc. Only the tyres, front brakes and cambelt have ever been changed.

I have no idea how the back brakes are still in a working condition tbh.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The 1.2 and the 172 are both dead now. :dapprove:

My 182's now owned by Rich (Ricardos) and he's kept it really well!

53 Clio's & counting
I dont think I have pics of my first Clio :(

I tihnk I had a silver L reg Clio 16v, with 16 inch OZ's, cat back exhaust, few other little bits

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I had a 1.2 extreme. 172 Rep really. Have a few pics somewhere!

Don't think I even posted when I owned it!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll ignore all the non clios I've owned!

Started my CS life with this

john8-1.jpg

next one was

KIF_1177.jpg

and I knew it was a ph1 that I really wanted so got this

IMG_2783.jpg

sold it to Djw Dave and bought this

IMG_4782Medium.jpg

and then got this

a9507244.jpg

You may notice a theme.....

Last edited:
Some cracking efforts in here so far!

Circa 2003 I'm sure I was drooling over maxpower magazine and the like so I'm praying for someone to chuck up a shocker :D

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Joined when I owned this, probably my favourite car ever, and it was as mint as it looks.

Feraz_Willy_3.jpg

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
I'm still in the one I got as I joined (almost 5 years now:eek:). Had it's up's and downs when things have needed fixing/replacing but I still love going for a blast in it when it's running well:D.

IMAG0058-1.jpg

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
My first Clio, had it new in 2005 as my first car, this was taken 2006 iirc

P090808_101601.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
R-sports vee reminded me... There's a ph1 172 with a v6 looking front bumper round the corner from me... Wonder if it was on here :p

Could be saved tbf

f**k bonxy! That's good going on that bean! What happened?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Been on here nearly 7 years now - Sept '05!!!

All started with an '04 RB 182 with both cup packs & stripes. Did 19k miles in it in 4 months lol ...

DSC03490.jpg

Since then ive had a 172 cup (now owned by understeer_phil) a 182 Trophy (now owned by Luke.) the Shed Trophy, & 1 million BMWs.

Made some great mates over the years as well. Cliosport FTW :)

Last edited: