ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

Not had that happen, that's ridiculous tbf.

There is certainly something really really odd going on. And to be fair the conspiracy theorists are being well fed as there is absolutely no checkable data relating to the AI drivers available. You can't watch them in the replays (you can in most driving games), you can't see the +/- difference whilst on track, you can't view their lap times after the race and it's already confirmed that AI on track during Quali has no relation to the times they set. Add to that the utterly false information that the engineer feeds you (which on its own would be forgiveable, but he's your only source of info) and 'fishy' would be a polite word to use.

The easiest way to check is to take another drive out (not terminal) and keep on eye on their lap time and/or finishing position. Most of the time it will make absolutely no difference to the outcome.

I could live with it to be honest, but the knock on effect to the lack of basic data in race compared to every other driving game is a bit much.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i had this yesterday on bahrain, i finished 8th but on the standings got knocked down to 24TH ffs, i assumed this was from a load of penalty's i picked up during the race tho. pissed me off so left the career and and tackled online which i must say is loads of fun, 1st corner is always a free for all tho lol

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
i had this yesterday on bahrain, i finished 8th but on the standings got knocked down to 24TH ffs, i assumed this was from a load of penalty's i picked up during the race tho. pissed me off so left the career and and tackled online which i must say is loads of fun, 1st corner is always a free for all tho lol

Did you have any drive through penalties you ignored?

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Did you have any drive through penalties you ignored?

none that i remember seeing and i finished without being disqualifed , most were for hitting other cars up the arse, few more for corner cutting but no black flags i remember. i was under review quite a bit but seem to be let off most........

none that i remember seeing and i finished without being disqualifed , most were for hitting other cars up the arse, few more for corner cutting but no black flags i remember. i was under review quite a bit but seem to be let off most........

How long was your race? Below a certain distance they issue time penalties instead of drive-throughs. The AI certainly seem to finish in different positions to their track standings occasionally, but not enough to change your position that much (that I've seen so far)

Turbo LY R27
Its happened to me, finished 3rd, no penalties and ended up 13th, so irritating!! But i love the game, its still fun. Dont understand how people one minute say they love it, now finding out the potentially fake AI and now hate it lol!! Its a game..

Citroen DS3 DSport
Some interesting points here regarding timing but the game remains awesome fun to play. I concentrate on cars I can see on track and that makes for race enjoyment. Accurate gap displays would be great but I can live without it.

I agree with Lee's decision to leave this thread, as a developer working on the game he can't really comment publically on the existence or not of any user reported bugs.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
How long was your race? Below a certain distance they issue time penalties instead of drive-throughs. The AI certainly seem to finish in different positions to their track standings occasionally, but not enough to change your position that much (that I've seen so far)

Race length was 15 laps, this was on ps3. I think where i hit a few cars up the rear i was given 10sec penalty's for each one then whatever it is for corner cutting meant i was heavily penalized at the end??

I agree with Lee's decision to leave this thread, as a developer working on the game he can't really comment publically on the existence or not of any user reported bugs.

Absolutely, in any case people believe what they want to believe, so he could tell us the facts and people would refuse to believe it.

Having said that, I hope Codies don't go silent on the matter. The 'evidence' is stacking up and the things people are reporting appear to go beyond just bugs.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
This probably explains why I qualified 1st at Bahrain then ended up starting 24th on the grid!

I'm disappointed in F1 2010 as my expectations were that it would be at least as good as Grand Prix 4 and it clearly isn't. It's missing basic features that were in Grand Prix 2 which must be 14 or 15 years old now.

It's a brilliant game, but it's just a shame that it's effectively a hot lap game until it's sorted :(

It doesn't sound brilliant to me. Firstly it appears that you don't necessarily finish where you finish, and I'm also reading horror stories about corrupt save data on all three formats effectively ending your already dodgy career exeperience. I can't comment further as I have yet to play it but, lets not beat around the bush, it 'sounds' f**king s**t :(

This probably explains why I qualified 1st at Bahrain then ended up starting 24th on the grid!

I'm disappointed in F1 2010 as my expectations were that it would be at least as good as Grand Prix 4 and it clearly isn't. It's missing basic features that were in Grand Prix 2 which must be 14 or 15 years old now.

This is why, like in real F1 you do your quickest lap right at the end of the session

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It doesn't sound brilliant to me. Firstly it appears that you don't necessarily finish where you finish, and I'm also reading horror stories about corrupt save data on all three formats effectively ending your already dodgy career exeperience. I can't comment further as I have yet to play it but, lets not beat around the bush, it 'sounds' f**king s**t :(

LOL. I'll give you that.

3% game?

This thread has gone downhill since I last looked. Unsure what to do now if this is true, pretty much destroys single player side of the game.

Oil Burner
This thread has gone downhill since I last looked. Unsure what to do now if this is true, pretty much destroys single player side of the game.

Well at this rate if people really dislike the game this much the used market should be saturated and you will be able to pick up a copy for about £1 - Just buy it then ;)

For what its worth, i still love the game.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
ok so i just redone Bahrain on the career mode. same as last time 15 laps. finished the race in 3rd but ended up being 6th on the board . this time i only got 1 10sec pen so i was knocked out of the top 3. it seems the key is to get no penalty's then your finishing position will be what it says when u finish ( ie i would of been 3rd had i not had that penalty ). its a hard job trying not to smash into other drivers esp when they pull some funky moves out the bag on corners but all adds to the fun i suppose. gonna carry on and see how it goes......

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Turn the simulation of rules down to reduced and you have to do alot more to get a penalty although it seems a bit random as I booted someone completely off and got a warning, then in the next race I just clipped someones back end by accident, they didn't spin or crash or anything and I got a penalty.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I still think it's a cracking game but with a few flaws. It's not going to stop me playing it, it just needs to be fixed when possible.

No big deal, don't know why people are throwing their toys around.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'm still going to buy it. Graphically is looks immense and the gameplay doesn't look s**t! What game doesn't have bugs these days.
the main issue isn't a bug though, its a massive flaw they purposely chose to leave out and try and trick customers into thinking it was happening it seems.

Oil Burner
Just had to delete my save game to get this working again :(

Dont switch this game off by just hitting shut down console mid race (did this last night as i do every time with Grid) Stupid - but im lazy.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
lot of ott going on here - I can find faults with most games I play - still play em.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I am extremely upset atm. First race of the season, on hardest difficulty with all driving aids off, came 1st in practice session, 3rd in qualifying, got to the 38th lap / 49 and spun coming out of the 1st corner, was absolutely miles ahead of anyone...Shifted down to reverse, reversed backwards, couldnt get it to spin 180 degrees round to be pointing the right way, after about 25 seconds of tryin to get it the right way a car comes through and smashes straight into me, I get a driver penalty which i can understand as I was on the racing line but then I went into the pits to fix my nosecone, as I was exiting the pits for the first corner on the next lap, I smashed straight into an AI and smashed my nose cone in again + another penatly, just pressed restart race!

Has to be said though, it is fcuking awesome! :)

My 2c.

I'm up to Valencia on a season with Force India at the moment. Tbh Im loving it, although I got so frustrated with Monaco as its so hard on a pad!

Ive only encountered the pit bug once where a car drove through me :(

I've not noticed any of the other things pointed out here. If I finish 5th, I finish 5th, Ive never been bumped down the grid.

I've noticed some nice details, like on a wet race when I was lapping a few cars, the car in front throws up leaves and junk in the air, and the spray gets worse.

On a really wet race, you can see the water build up on the track, and if its really bad then you're facing backwards if you're not careful.

Really enjoying it so far. And with the upgrades coming through on my car, I can feel it getting better. I've had some good tussles for the lead too :)

Give it a go if you're in doubt, borrow it off a mate or whatever. Just try it.