ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Rich and other good detailers!

Monaco Blue Mk2
Does this sound about right what I have planned for Sunday?

Rinse
Wash with shampoo - was mitt - 2 bucket method
Rinse
Dry - Squegee/water blade thing to remove most and then microfibre cloths to get a better finish and dry the rest
Polish - AG SRP - Applied with electric car polisher/buffer and buffed off with the same thing (different pad)
Sealant - AG EGP - Applied by hand with megs foam applicator pad. (Never used this stuff before, do I buff it of?)
Trim black and Megs purple tyre stuff.

Not got round to getting any clay yet...booo! That will be done next time though after the rinse.

Does that all sound about right or is there any other tips? For application and buffing off especially. Would I be better buffing the SRP off by hand with a microfibre? Also whats the best technique for applying the EGP, small patches at a time or big? work in in circles?

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry, I know you get pesterd about this all the time!

106 GTi
Sounds good.

I would ditch the Drying Blade though. They scare me to much! Get a Microfiber drying towel, that will do the whole car, thenm follow it up with a normal MF for the runs etc.

Not big fan of the electric buffers for using the SRP or EGP. You will get better results be hand on the SRP as you can vary the pressure easier on any areas in the paint that neeed more polishing. The electric buffers lack power. Apply the SRP with a yellow foam hand pad, apply very thinnly and you should have no problems removing it of getting dusting, remove with a Clean Microfiber. Panel at a time for me.

With the EGP again apply uisng a clean foam hand pad, apply in back and forth straight lines to the whole car and allow to cure for at least an hour. Again the thinner the better, try and get a really really thin coat here. Will help in removal, again use a clean dry microfiber.

Cheers

Rich

Monaco Blue Mk2
OK thanks alot mate. I don't like the sound of all that by hand! lol. I'll do what you say though! A panel e.g door with the SRP and the buff it off, next panel the same and so on. EGP in straight lines nice and thin, leave for an hour or so, buff off. Then if my arms haven't dropped off go for another coat! Oh what do you recommed for cleaning the yelow pads, microfibres and wash mitt?

106 GTi
I wash the microfibers in the washing machine, no fabric softener as it kills them! or wash them by hand with woolite if they are my best ones.

Wash mitts i just rinse with clean water and hang to dry after use.

Hand foam pads, fairy liquid in a bowl to soak.

Monaco Blue Mk2
Thanks rich, came up great. Took a couple of pictures after the SRP, looks even better now after the EGP. I'm going to be getting some clay and p21s and do it again some time next week so will hopefully look even better!

Only took a few quick pics with my camera phone and they really don't do it justice!

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

BMW Z4 3.0i
Do you guys with turinis not find them a bit awkward to clean cos they've got that lip thing an inch back or so? It looks likeit'd be difficult getting right into all those corners on all those spokes on four wheels. :(

Monaco Blue Mk2
I find them really easy to clean mate, as I hope you tell ^^ lol!

Easy using either the wash mitt or a microfibre cloth.

I use this little device for cleaning my wheels,takes half the time
40_1_b.gif

Just plugs into a cordless drill and away you go
David

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^
I don't find it hard at all , its stiff but soft . Gotta be better than a bog brush in a drill ,lol .

Monaco Blue Mk2
Rich said:
Nice work, car looks great.

Thanks Rich, mostly down to you! After the decent results on mine though, I know have a 5 series to do tomorrow! That'll be even harder work at nearly twice the size! lol

Monaco Blue Mk2
Rich said:
I remember doing a black 5 series before getting my PC, damn hard work!

lol. Thats worse, the one I'm doing is silver. I'm doing it with him though aswel and telling him what to do as we go along so shouldn't be too bad at all. If nothing he can at least do the rinsing and buffing!