ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Those interested in AWT Inlets Group-Buy

"Navy" N17 TWO
Following on from the last group-buy I have a lot of people interested in having this done again.

I have decided to put this thread up now to see what way the interest lies, as Ben is back on the 17th Nov 08 :)

We will get more details on price & deposit (if required) when I get in touch with Ben

As before, we would send them the inlets and they will send out the matched ones - they keep your standard set.
If you can't do without your car you can have the matched set sent to you first with a deposit (will confirm when I get in touch with Ben) then you get that deposit back when they receive your standard inlets

People who are interested so far;

Tigger
whatisjustis
Tullyvernon
172Ben
Mikeyk18
ash87 x2
bartebk
w111alg
Mr Hurst

Tigger
whatisjustis
Tullyvernon
172Ben
Mikeyk18
ash87 x2
bartebk
w111alg
Mr Hurst
Jeremy (Ron)

I've got a R.S. stamped inlet manifold. If I send Ben my inlet manifold would he do the work on it and send the same one back if I wanted?

VRS
Tigger
whatisjustis
Tullyvernon
172Ben
Mikeyk18
ash87 x2
bartebk
w111alg
Mr Hurst
Jeremy (Ron)

I've got a R.S. stamped inlet manifold. If I send Ben my inlet manifold would he do the work on it and send the same one back if I wanted?

once matched the rs stamped inlets and non rs stamped inlets will all be the same :D its only in standard form that the rs stampled ones have better casting :D

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Could be interested, how much were they on the last group buy? Can anyone describe the fitting process for dummies please?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Might be interested, was on the last group by for my PH2.. think i need to get the PH1 done aswell ;)

With regards to fitting, upper is fairly straight forward if your fairly happy with the tools.... the lower on the other hand, little fooker! for those that have'nt done it, it makes life alot easyer to grind down one small bit that makes re-fitting a right pig!

172 ph1 2.4 transit
Im interested dependent on price too !!!

I would need the modded one first too as mine is daily driver at moment

Last edited:
  clio 182 cup
To be honest guys, not really worth it. On a standard motor you wont notice the difference. Best save up for a proper tune aka THE JESUS lol.

"Navy" N17 TWO
^ Your first post and you advise against a VERY popular mod for the RS Clio's :S
Strange but welcome to ClioSport :D

RS RIP
^ Your first post and you advise against a VERY popular mod for the RS Clio's :S
Strange but welcome to ClioSport :D

Yep not an answer/post backed up by a bit of knowledge from first reading around a bit on the forum .

There has been a case when around 11 (13?!) bhp were gained with the matching !

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
the gains are incrementally improved , phase1 being the best.. 182 (RS stamp)doesnt do much historically.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Could be Interested but it would depend on when and price as I have the dreaded Cambelt Change due early next year :(

"Navy" N17 TWO
:bump:
The last price was in around £117.50 - I could be wrong but thats what it says on the last groupbuy thread

clio 182 cup
Yep not an answer/post backed up by a bit of knowledge from first reading around a bit on the forum .

There has been a case when around 11 (13?!) bhp were gained with the matching !

Just trying to give you the benefit of my own experience after fitting said Angelworks inlet.

13 bhp!! You must be living on Fantasy Island mate. lol

I think its different car to car. After looking at my plenum and inlet and how rough the edges were, i can only see there being an improvement. To say its a waste of time is very strange indeed. Would you say the same for porting and polishing a head aswell?