ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Far Cry 3

Finally unlocked the AMR.

What a laugh that thing is! Carry it with me now incase I come across a heavy on a mission, seeing as it makes light work of their armour!

Shooting the normal guys with it is fun, they go flying!

Between this and the Shredder, I can't see much use for anything else!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Got this the other day. Had a good few hours on it and I'm quite enjoying it.

Still on the first island. Done a few missions, rescued a few of the friends and taken out a lot of the outposts and towers.

Just looking for certain animals to craft some things like the largest loot pack and ammo storage.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I thought it was a great game but at the end I got too bored, was taking out bases far too easily.

GSXR + KDX220
Me too, I did all the stuff bar a few of the side missions! Once all the outposts are taken, theres literally only a hand full of enemies in a couple of places so you never really run into trouble :(

Im debating starting another save and going back to the start ;)

Ibiza SC
I've spent a hell of a large amount of time on the first Island...doing all outposts, towers, side missions and everything in between. Also crafted everything I could.

But sadly even though I'm literally 3-4 missions off completing the game my interest seems to have dwindled, since I got the south island to be honest. No more outposts or towers to get, too many weapons to pick from including the specials and nothing to work to craft, i guess that's the same case on any sandbox game! I will muster the interest to finish the story though, I can't leave it like it is.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well I finished the story. Pretty straight forward, not too hard really. Some of the stealth missions were a ball ache though.

opted to join Citra in the end as my friends were pissing me off. b**ch killed me after f**king me!

Just going round clearing outposts now. Doubt I'll 100% this though or even get close, will probably get very boring now.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
+1 I took all outposts and done all the crafts etc finished the story and never put the disk back in after that.

Clio 172
I've spent a hell of a large amount of time on the first Island...doing all outposts, towers, side missions and everything in between. Also crafted everything I could.

But sadly even though I'm literally 3-4 missions off completing the game my interest seems to have dwindled, since I got the south island to be honest. No more outposts or towers to get, too many weapons to pick from including the specials and nothing to work to craft, i guess that's the same case on any sandbox game! I will muster the interest to finish the story though, I can't leave it like it is.

Same as that Steve, once you get all the weapons and have all the money you need it does ditract from the game some what. I haven't played it in about three months and yet when I got it I couldn't put it down. Must pick it back up and finish everything off.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I just found, if you took one out, you took them all out. Obviously the later stages were harder, but the same idea.

Yeah, agree with you there. Planting a load of mines and watching the carnage unfold whilst chilling in a bush was fun though, can't do that with all the outposts taken out!

Clio 172
Yeah, agree with you there. Planting a load of mines and watching the carnage unfold whilst chilling in a bush was fun though, can't do that with all the outposts taken out!

Mines and c4 took up alot of my time for a while, plant a mine and go do something else, 5 minutes later get a triple kill lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
So you can download an option to reset all the outposts? That's awesome IMO.

Keeps the game interesting for a bit.

I agree. Taking the outposts was the best part of the game IMO.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I might reset the outposts so I can get a few more trophies. Need to get a kill from a parachute/zipline/glider and 50 kills with flame thrower.

Spent a lot of yesterday doing some hunting challenges and crafting my final pouches. Got a load of Relics and letters to fin yet. Dont think its worth much as a trade in so I'll keep plodding on until I get really bored.

I agree. Taking the outposts was the best part of the game IMO.

Yeah, I cleared the first island and then started doing the missions, they're boring as hell as I've removed all the enemies!

I'd happily go round retaking outposts in various different ways. Especially now I've got all the guns I want.

March in, shoot at everything, wait for re-enforcements. Shoot at everything. Rinse. Repeat.

Goliath I
Yeah I took all the outposts and Ariels from the first Island... Got bored of the main story and never made it to the second island!

Goliath I
Definitely, personally the main story isn't all that but you'll for sure put the hours in with the rest of the game.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Agree with the outpost reset, best bit of the game was planning different ways to take them!

I just wish you could do them two player, local or not.

I'm going to fire this up again tonight and give it a go though :)

Played a couple of hours of this on PC. On ultra settings it looks pretty amazing in places, and runs smooth as you like on my rig so I'm happy on that score. 120hz 27" FTW also.

The game itself seems a bit overwhelming. I feel as though it's forcing me to learn things before I'm ready, and I especially don't like the way it keeps interrupting me and pointing away from the action and into a menu so I can make a grenade belt or something. Still, once I get over this stage, I think it's gonna be really good.

Played a couple of hours of this on PC. On ultra settings it looks pretty amazing in places, and runs smooth as you like on my rig so I'm happy on that score. 120hz 27" FTW also.

The game itself seems a bit overwhelming. I feel as though it's forcing me to learn things before I'm ready, and I especially don't like the way it keeps interrupting me and pointing away from the action and into a menu so I can make a grenade belt or something. Still, once I get over this stage, I think it's gonna be really good.

what monitor you got? I got a 27" but only 60hz :(
Still a beautiful game!

Clio 172

Its a good game for sure, as you said some of the graphics are amazing but some of the distant texture mapping in places is a bit poor. I have spent a load of time going round photographing the island whilst on missions etc.

Wow. Fantastic game.

It takes the best bits from the previous two, and seems to have none of the downsides from either. It really is impressive how good video games can be these days. I think many people fail to appreciate it, as it's incremental, but when you think about it, it's really quite cool how the craft is evolving. Of course, budgets now are massive, but to actually make this stuff happen in software is a whole lot more special than just thinking about it.

I can't remember the last shooter I played that gave the player so much freedom, but yet still managed to always have a real goal at any given time. Proper impressed with this. Kudos to everyone involved.

A SHED!
pretty good, i think my ps3 is broke? When spinning/running round the graphics are really jerky? is this just my tv/ps3? i put my tv on game mode but this makes the graphics more ps2 style?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
s**t. Got. Real.

Drugs are good, m'kay.

Last edited by a moderator: