ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastchip RSTuners code.

Clio 182
Hi all I thought id purchase a new RSTuner from Fastchips and iv still got to wait for the code.
Iv emailed then the number required and sent them the ecu screen shot as asked at 11am iv been waiting over 4hours for this bloody code. Wanted to have it sorted and mapped by now.
Anyone else had this issue?

LY R26 #288
Lol it might take 24 hours. Henk is a busy guy and I'm not sure what the time differences are etc. just a waiting game buddy.

Clio 182
Really? Ballz. :/
Iv got work tomorrow and wanted it mapped to see if the annoying hesitation goes.
Iv cleared the eml light from the dacat. Put a spacer in the post cat lambda so hope it stays off. Was going to go for the overrun map ;)

Lol.

So inpatient some people.

As said can take upto 48hours and even longer if the info is wrong that you have sent.

I wouldn't bother with the overun imo. And the hesitation won't be resolved by spacing the post cat sensor as it has no input in fueling etc.

Neither will mapping rid a hesitation, if you have eml and it hesitates under load then you have a problem which needs resolving before mapping it.

You wouldn't try new shoes on with your foot in plaster;)

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
The website does say the code order is 48 hours.
Also why the overun map? Why not the Ron98 one?

Clio 182
Lol.

So inpatient some people.

As said can take upto 48hours and even longer if the info is wrong that you have sent.

I wouldn't bother with the overun imo. And the hesitation won't be resolved by spacing the post cat sensor as it has no input in fueling etc.

Neither will mapping rid a hesitation, if you have eml and it hesitates under load then you have a problem which needs resolving before mapping it.

You wouldn't try new shoes on with your foot in plaster;)
The hesitation was due to the pre cat lambda. It was toast. Fitted new one and it better but still does it at 5k.
The eml light only came on after I put the decat on so iv reset it with the RSTuner.
Im hoping the map will sort the hesitation due to the car going alot better when its on medium heat. Meaning it does not hesitate when its on the lower rev limit of 6500rpm.
Once its fully warm it hesitate and when its proper cold it drives like a bag of s**t for the 1st couple of mins.
The website does say the code order is 48 hours.
Also why the overun map? Why not the Ron98 one?

The overrun map is same as the 98ron one just with bangs. Just fancy the pop on gear changes it will probably do my head in after a month but want to try it ;)

It doesn't pop on gear change its when you let off the accelrator after 4200rpm.

You also need decat and it won't do your lambda sensors any good at all.

Was it a bosch sensor which you put in?

Clio 182
It has decat hence the elm light. (Now reset it with 90 degree spacer)

Not sure on make as Dan at 519 done it. Had diagnostic and that was the only fault. Iv unplugged every sensor one at a time and took it down the road with no change to hesitation.

Clio 182
Iv had the unlock cod3 sent then another email with a zip file with the othe map but I WILL NOT load? Iv message Henk last night at 3am and he just forwards YouTube vids.
Iv watched the vids and all that comes up is my original Calibration map not the new one. Pissing me off now. Gotta wait till2-3am again to try and rectify this.

Iv had the unlock cod3 sent then another email with a zip file with the othe map but I WILL NOT load? Iv message Henk last night at 3am and he just forwards YouTube vids.
Iv watched the vids and all that comes up is my original Calibration map not the new one. Pissing me off now. Gotta wait till2-3am again to try and rectify this.

Why will it not load? Error messages / screenshots to help us help you

I did mine with the 98ron map with overun and i still have a cat and it pops on gearchange and when letting off sounds awsome and that dreaded hesitation has gone ???

Clio 182
Iv no fault codes to show.
The email Henk sent does not show up in the "write cal" option.
How do I download the map I want? Do I need to email fastchips again? I cant seem to find what I want.

Iv no fault codes to show.
The email Henk sent does not show up in the "write cal" option.
How do I download the map I want? Do I need to email fastchips again? I cant seem to find what I want.

Henk will have sent a file, possibly two as attachments. You need to save it in the same format, I created a new folder and copied it across. He's a helpful guy, if you've doubts just ask him.

Clio 182
He sent me a couple of YouTube vids but they were of no help due to the map file not being present.

So got to wait till tonight for reply. Im at work now so ill be up to pester him until I get the map I want.

Clio 182
Henk will have sent a file, possibly two as attachments. You need to save it in the same format, I created a new folder and copied it across. He's a helpful guy, if you've doubts just ask him.

Iv clicked on download and it saves wherever it should but its not the map I want and I cant load it to the bloody ecu anyway. Iv probably ballzed something up. Ill uninstall the lot and start again at this rate.

Clio 182
Hmmm, I've been on the fastchips site and its looking that they want an extra 49 euro for the 98RON overrun map.....
I bought the RSTuner new with the impression that you could choose what map you wanted. I've been sent the OEM 97 RON map that I cant get to work anyway.....
I'll not spend anymore on this if I cant get the map I wanted in the original price, I'll just send it back.

Clio 182
My ecu is 8000. I've been sent 8200 so this is my issue. Proper pissed that he does not seem too bothered in rectifying this.

20140620_060917_zps49qtyney.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the website is utter dross, its set up in a way that makes you buy more than you need.

In the kit you get a stg1 map, this is NOT the 98RON map. The 98RON map needs to be purchased after. It is about half of the price of the overrun map.

I was given a software update for the ECU as mine was old and the map that works on the updated software.

Nissan 350z
You should have 2 files, 8200_xxxx.rst and 8200_xxxx.cal. You need to update with the .rst first (which updates software version), than upload the .cal (remap file) afterwards once the versions match.

Clio 182
Henk resent the stage one map and now its taken. Cold driving it alot smoother. ;)
Think ill download the performance overrun map now......